Wifi won't connect

W

WPCentral Question

Hi, i'm running WP8.1 in a Nokia Lumia 625. I've been using it since day 1 but for two days now the phone won't connect to my WIFI (and also another WIFI close to home without password which I sometimes used when mine is down).

When trying to connect it to my WIFI it asks for my password everytime (it was already saved)... I put the password and it takes me to a browser with the Windows Phone official page....but I can't see the navigation bar, and I only have two options "Skip" or "Cancel". Either way it won't connect after choosing one of the options. In the Notification Center on the WIFI icon says something like "Attention needed" (I'm guessing since my phone is in spanish).

Weird thing is I went to a friends house and it connected automatically like it used to do with my two WIFI connections at home.

Any thoughts?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This is odd behaviour. Has anything changed with your home setup that could explain this?

If not, try a soft reset by pressing the volume down + power button simultaneously for 10-15 seconds or until you feel a vibration. Let us know if this helps at all.

Omuald

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Nothing changed in my setup (although the service has been crappy last week...).

Weird thing is there's another connection (from somewhere else around my home) that I used when mine didn't work and it happens the same in both WIFI's.

Soft reset didn't help.

Omuald

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Just spent 2 hours with tech services of my internet provider and it is OK.

Still tryng to connect and it connects as 'limited' and sends me to a browser still... please, any ther thoughts?

BiggishTuba558

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with a netbook which needs the authentication via browser. I have to insert the password every time that my Lumia finds the netbook because it tells my intervention is required.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Go to wifi and select "forget network" on your phone.

Then turn off modem

Turn off wifi on phone

Turn modem on and wait 30 seconds

Turn phone wifi on and it should work correctly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss