Need advice: Where to buy Lumia 920 or 1020 unlocked, pentaband (or works with T Mobile US)?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

My current L920 (Rogers, Unlocked, Black) fell and the glass is broken. I bought it from Negri Electronics last year, but it doesn't seem like they have the same model available

I am on the Family Mobile (T-Mobile US MVNO) network and I would like to have a penta-band phone, so I could switch from T-Mobile or AT&T, and of course, I would like it to be unlocked also.

I tried searching on ebay but I was too scared about the unreliable ads that they had (they had listed an L920, as having the 1700 band, but it was clearly labeled ATT phone). Is there a reputable site like Negri that you can recommend?

If the 920 wasn't available or if the price was right, I wanted to get an L1020 that was unlocked, and penta-band. (On a side note, does the L1020 have wireless charging built-in? - i know the ATT doesnt have it built in, but how about the international/canadian version)

If the L1020 doesn't have wireless charging, should I get the 1520 instead?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My current L920 (Rogers, Unlocked, Black) fell and the glass is broken. I bought it from Negri Electronics last year, but it doesn't seem like they have the same model available

I am on the Family Mobile (T-Mobile US MVNO) network and I would like to have a penta-band phone, so I could switch from T-Mobile or AT&T, and of course, I would like it to be unlocked also.

I tried searching on ebay but I was too scared about the unreliable ads that they had (they had listed an L920, as having the 1700 band, but it was clearly labeled ATT phone). Is there a reputable site like Negri that you can recommend?

If the 920 wasn't available or if the price was right, I wanted to get an L1020 that was unlocked, and penta-band. (On a side note, does the L1020 have wireless charging built-in? - i know the ATT doesnt have it built in, but how about the international/canadian version)

If the L1020 doesn't have wireless charging, should I get the 1520 instead?

No 1020 model has built-in Qi wireless charging, you will have to get a cover, like the one the 720 has.
I usually do my stuff via Amazon and less often eBay, so I can't really say much about actual web stores.

The 1520 is the mother of all Lumia's, in terms of horsepower, but also size, so if you can live with it, pick up the 1520.3 variant (?)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa