Lumia 920 completely down! (India)

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Hello Folks,

I am very sad and frustrated right now. I have Lumia 920 and it is sitting dead in my lap. I do not know what to do. Please read full story and advice.

====
One random day(4 days back) the screen started very minute flickerings, I did not give much heed about it. In the evening I did a soft reset and for sometime the flickering was gone. But it reappeared. In the night I did a hard reset and the flickering did not go. I was not sure what to do and thought of showing it to nokia care next day. Flickering was on/off.

I put the phone in charging overnight and in the morning, I saw that the screen was completely dark! Only three bottom buttons were glowing. I tried restarting the phone, but the screen did not come, even those three bottom buttons also stopped glowing now.

At this point the screen was completely black. But the vibrations were working, even camera shutter sound was also there. People were able to call me and they heard phone ringing. I was able to hear phone lock/unlock sound. I was also able to browse files when connecting it to laptop via USB cable. I was also hearing sounds when putting in charging.

I researched on wpcentral and other sites and tried couple of hard resets but nothing worked. At this point I was sure that I lost it. I took it to Nokia care in Bangalore, India and they said me to replace screen costing around 11,500/-(180$). I was still feeling inside that something will definitely work so I took phone back from them.

But when I brought it back home, it stopped doing anything. No vibrations, no camera shutter sound, not even recognizing in laptop, no lock/unlock sound!

I don't know what to do! Please suggest.
====

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Up until your last part, your problem had all the hallmarks of screen failure. Everything else worked, but nothing other than outright replacement will fix the screen. Your screen was dying a slow death.

I'm assuming the last part is just a dead battery. However, it could be the phone died entirely, but I doubt it given what you've written, it could be that the display was only the beginning and took some other stuff with it.

The phone needs:
Repair - Nokia gave you a quote, you can jump on that, try another shop, or risk a DIY job. The cheaper it is, in general, the cost is shifted to the quality of the repair/risk of damage.
Replacement - Whether another 920 or a 520, replacing it would naturally solve your problem. a substitute dumbphone or something could hold you over until you act.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss