Windows 8.1 SD card

frostphase

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Okay so I upgraded from a 16gb to 32gb when you guys posted the sale last week. My question is do I have to download all the apps again or am I doing something wrong?

I put both SD cards in my laptop and copied the contents of the old card to the new one, the only thing that works is Xbox music(downloaded songs).

All other apps are greyed out with unavailable under them, upon clicking app I'm told to wait for the phone to finish setting up. It's been hours now and nothing has changed.

Ideas? Suggestions?

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Normally You have to reinstall all those apps again. You cant swap SD cards like that because of some build in protection to prevent illegal activities.

Put the old SD cart back and copy all the apps you installed on the SD back to your phone....then put the new cart in and copy them back to the card.

debrgos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Ah alright, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the help.

As far as I understood from my experience,you can reinstall apps well only if you sideload apps.Ask again if you are unaware of sideloading.downloading apps on sd means the data related to the app would be saved on sd card.It's probably NOT an installation file.I may be wrong.But I can reinstall apps from sd card as I sideloaded them

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Sideloaded apps ( from the store ) works, thats never a issue.
It only gives a problem when a developer pulles his/her app from the store.

When you trying installing a app witch you have sideloaded ( i mean downloaded that xap file from the store ),
it automaticly checks the store during installation for authentication.
To prevent piracy and to make shure you got the latest version.
When a app is redrawed from the store, you cant install it.
Even when you got the xap file.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12