Won't update to GDR3, L720

MikeLuna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
I recently noticed that the Nokia webpage says Lumia Black is now available for my device.
upd.JPG

However when I look for it in Settings, I get that my phone is updated to the latest version, but I'm still in Lumia Amber.

wp_ss_20140701_0001.jpgwp_ss_20140701_0002.jpg

Is there anything I can do to help my 720 find the update? Also, I'm not planing to install 8.1 until the oficial release. I need a stable release to work.
Thanks!

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i thought Nokia black was release all over the world long back. i never knew, some are still not given the benefits.
anyway, if ur phone is not updating itself, u can always go to Nokia Care and get it updated. but mind few things:
1. it's gonna wipe ur phone clean.
2. they r gonna charge a small amount if ur phone is out of warranty.

further, i u understand computers a bit, u can use nokia software updater for updating ur phone on ur own. i am sure, u will be able to find the manual somewhere around.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Make sure (using the app "SysApp Pusher") that extras+info is updated, it may just be out of date and still have the Amber sign up.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Software Recovery tool - that should let you download the "most recent commercial release" for your phone, which according to your screengrab is Black. If updating extras+info doesn't work I would give that a go, but back all your data up as it does wipe your phone. (It's also most likely what Nokia Care would do anyway, except you're saving yourself the possible expense).

MikeLuna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I tried to update extras+info, but it is already updated to the latest version (v3.9.2.1). I hoped there would be a way to not use NSU and having to reinstall everything again. Tough luck.

thanks to all.

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Don't listen to any of them mate
Just go to phone update and then click check for updates.
U will get it. Update it enjoy it full stop
No need of all this Nokia Care stuff

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Don't listen to any of them mate
Just go to phone update and then click check for updates.
U will get it. Update it enjoy it full stop
No need of all this Nokia Care stuff
Buddy, the issue is the phone is not updating itself to Nokia Black. it's still stuck with Nokia Amber.

irfan habeeb

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Plllss pllllsss dont skip this,
Hello friends, anyone pls help me to solve my prblm..., I am from Kerala, India, I bought Lumia 520 before 1.5 yr from Saudi Arabia, still I am using the same OS version, don't recive any update of amber or black, even my frnds got 8.1 in my locality.., l did factory reset several time, still prblm is not solved, any one plssss help meee

portalfocus

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Software Recovery tool - that should let you download the "most recent commercial release" for your phone, which according to your screengrab is Black. If updating extras+info doesn't work I would give that a go, but back all your data up as it does wipe your phone. (It's also most likely what Nokia Care would do anyway, except you're saving yourself the possible expense).

Thanks a lot

TheBluesOne

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Are you updating to Black immediately after updating to Amber? I would recommend you to wait for 1 full day and try again next day. Though I'm using 8X, I too had issues in updating to GDR3 immediately after updating to GDR2. Waiting for 1 day did the trick for me, hope it works for you too.
Sent from my WP 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre