Is switching to wp8.1 official update possible from wp8.1 developers' preview version?

debrgos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I use a Lumia 520 that is running on wp8.1 developers' preview version.My question is-Can I update to wp8.1 official version?And after doing that shall I be eligible for the next updates like cyan,wp8.2 etc?

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
The final update will be available soon. The timings however depend on each carrier and country (if your device is not carrier specific - then you will receive the update among the firsts). The update will include the Lumia Cyan as well. So don't do anything, just keep waiting patiently ;)

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
You already have the OS part of the update. Now you need Cyan, which is the firmware party of the update. Once you get Cyan consider yourself in the "official update channel".

About future updates ... That's another story.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Developer Preview program takes your phone to the Developer Preview when its available, but updates you to the public release of the OS + firmware package when its officially released so you'll be on the same page with everyone else. Then when 8.2, 9, 20, comes around, you will probably get that in the Developer Preview if you didn't touch anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb