Nokia Lumia 1520 Pros and cons

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't own one firsthand, but here's what I've heard. Assuming the unit is not defective.

Pros:
Top-of-the-line hardware
great battery life (so I've heard)

Cons:
could be the size
did I say size? (very subjective, the size can be a pro too considering its the point of the phone)
expense (this kind of hardware isn't cheap like other top end smartphones)

Hopefully actual users will chime in soon.

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't own one firsthand, but here's what I've heard. Assuming the unit is not defective.

Pros:
Top-of-the-line hardware
great battery life (so I've heard)

Cons:
could be the size
did I say size? (very subjective, the size can be a pro too considering its the point of the phone)
expense (this kind of hardware isn't cheap like other top end smartphones)

Hopefully actual users will chime in soon.
Size and price doesn't matter So for me it doesn't have any cons

Nitin Shet

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Well I have had it since November...i absolutely love the size as I consume media...and the battery is great...perfect media phone....I have a 32gb version..it has micro SD for expansion...although im trying out the dev preview so been having random app crashes but not all apps...it was the calendar app mostly...and uc browser..but calendar issues been fixed by MS...i would its great value...camera is awesome although bit annoyed don't have 4k option for video...and stock camera does not have HDR...but there are apps for it...all in all im satisfied

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm satisfied with the phone,but not with the os.

The phone is a good phone,not great,because it doesn't have a removable battery,and the speaker quality isn't the best.

The os running on it,both 8.0 and 8.1 leaves a lot to be desired in several ways.

8.0 SD card limitations, transparency's for starters
8.1 DP issues too many to count,supposedly those will be fixed with the official os....but I don't think most will be until the next full os Threshold.

I use my phone as a portable media player,and in this regard it fails miserably since I rely on my own content loaded from my SD card. As a streaming device it too leaves a lot to desire,but is slightly better.

Many are happy with it,but there are just as many people that aren't.

The one shining thing about it...is the camera. It's awesome and is the only reason I am holding out with it right now in hopes that Microsoft will pull their heads out of their backsides and correct all the issues folks have brought up..

Before I signed a contract on one,or purchase outright,I would advise doing as much research on it as possible.

This may not be what you wanted to hear,but you asked.

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm satisfied with the phone,but not with the os.

The phone is a good phone,not great,because it doesn't have a removable battery,and the speaker quality isn't the best.

The os running on it,both 8.0 and 8.1 leaves a lot to be desired in several ways.

8.0 SD card limitations, transparency's for starters
8.1 DP issues too many to count,supposedly those will be fixed with the official os....but I don't think most will be until the next full os Threshold.

I use my phone as a portable media player,and in this regard it fails miserably since I rely on my own content loaded from my SD card. As a streaming device it too leaves a lot to desire,but is slightly better.

Many are happy with it,but there are just as many people that aren't.

The one shining thing about it...is the camera. It's awesome and is the only reason I am holding out with it right now in hopes that Microsoft will pull their heads out of their backsides and correct all the issues folks have brought up..

Before I signed a contract on one,or purchase outright,I would advise doing as much research on it as possible.

This may not be what you wanted to hear,but you asked.
Thanks for I wanted it. I bad and good so thanks

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I'll give you a detailed account of all the pros and cons of the Lumia 1520 but despite all the small flaws it is still a stellar device.

The 1520 features a very powerful processor, albeit a little outdated but nonetheless it runs Windows Phone very smoothly.

The camera may not be better than Lumia 920 in lowlight shots but it manages to still takes better photos than most other phones out there and Nokia plans to improve the lowlight performance in the future update.

The camera speed is also a concern as it takes a considerable time to focus and snap but Nokia has also planned to fix that in Lumia Cyan.

The screen is one of the best in the market despite being quite huge.

Basically all the flaws of this phone are not in the phone itself but in the OS.

But Microsoft is making substantial progress in improving Windows Phone. And Windows Phone 8.1 is amazing!
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I'll give you a detailed account of all the pros and cons of the Lumia 1520 but despite all the small flaws it is still a stellar device.

The 1520 features a very powerful processor, albeit a little outdated but nonetheless it runs Windows Phone very smoothly.

The camera may not be better than Lumia 920 in lowlight shots but it manages to still takes better photos than most other phones out there and Nokia plans to improve the lowlight performance in the future update.

The camera speed is also a concern as it takes a considerable time to focus and snap but Nokia has also planned to fix that in Lumia Cyan.

The screen is one of the best in the market despite being quite huge.

Basically all the flaws of this phone are not in the phone itself but in the OS.

But Microsoft is making substantial progress in improving Windows Phone. And Windows Phone 8.1 is amazing!
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk
I am buying it in few days.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I've owned 2 1520s. I bought a black one last fall and loved it for a while but then (mistakenly)decided it was too big. Bought an iPhone 5s and then a LG G2. Neither could hold a candle to the 1520. I bought a white 1520 about a month ago and wouldn't trade it for any phone available. I just hope MSFT follows up with an even better 6" WP phone.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
You should just buy it - I've had one since December and frankly I think it's the best wp phone you can buy - I say this having a 1020, icon, 925, 625 and 620. It is the least compromised in terms of specs, bar the size - though yes, the os has some things missing, though I'd imagine ms will keep adding features...

If you're looking for a device just get one of these in your hands. If you like it buy it. It'll keep you in good stead and will most likely be upgraded to threshold. Good luck with your purchase!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven