error c00d36c4 solution

S

SMZ

I have a nokia lumia 520 on black, and as others have noticed, some music files will generate error code c00d36c4 where the file wouldn't play. Others have suggested that it might be a codec problem, or a syncing problem with SD cards, and suggested solutions like converting the music file to another format, or plugging the SD card directly into the computer, or using the windows phone app to sync instead of copying files, none of which worked for me.

I was trying to move an album of 100 files (one of those classical music compilation CD sets) into my phone and realized that regardless of the order I moved / synced the files in, the first 9-10 files would play but not the subsequent ones. This couldn't be a codec issue, because track #30 wouldn't play if I moved the files starting from track #1, but it would play if I moved the files starting from track #30. So I created 10 folders and put 10 files into each folder, then moved each folder into the phone one by one, and now everything works. I have no idea why though, and this might not work in everyone else's case. If anyone has an explanation I'd like to know. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro