First Windows Phone?

sayedqd

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Um I'm 15 and I just joined the Windows Family about a few months ago and overall I'm very impressed. When I was going to buy a new phone I was like "I should so get the iPhone 5S or the Galaxy Note 3" but my Uncle who works for Microsoft actually talked some sense in to me saying that you should go for a phone with a new look and new features, I was amazed by the Nokia Lumia phones put on display, the first phone which caught my eye was the Nokia Lumia 925. I'm planing on getting a new Windows Phone during the summer. Any recommendations?

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Um I'm 15 and I just joined the Windows Family about a few months ago and overall I'm very impressed. When I was going to buy a new phone I was like "I should so get the iPhone 5S or the Galaxy Note 3" but my Uncle who works for Microsoft actually talked some sense in to me saying that you should go for a phone with a new look and new features, I was amazed by the Nokia Lumia phones put on display, the first phone which caught my eye was the Nokia Lumia 925. I'm planing on getting a new Windows Phone during the summer. Any recommendations?

If you can wait a bit, new devices will be available for the holiday season. There are some rumored Lumias, which will be the first phones (Except 63x) produced under Microsoft Mobile.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
925 is a solid choice if you don't mind it's relatively small internal memory (16 GB, it's relatively small for a high-end phone) with no expansion available

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If you are rich, choose between the mighty 1520 or the forthcoming 930. But if you ARE rich, you could own a phone for each of the three major operating systems....as long as you're prepared to part company with normal rational behaviour of course, like me.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Your uncle works for microsoft so i am sure he will get a discount on a phone. In that case go for a 1520. As its powerful. I have it and wow. Battery life is long, powerful games do not slow down, its the biggest screen out there ideal for games and watching movies youtube, best screen at 1080p and to be honest the camera is not as powerful as the 1080 (41 mega pixel) but believe me.... 20 megapixel is more then enough and looks so good

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
The 1520 has the most common feature parity, compared to the note 3.

Sure, you won't get usb otg, the massive android selection of apps and - well you know what you gain and lose with wp.

The 1520 is the best all round: SD card, screen, specs are fantastic, camera brilliant. I went from a note 3 and sure I miss certain apps - like being able to monitor my security or open vpn - but if you're looking at wp you know this.

Seriously, it is the best. You'll love it!

portalfocus

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Your uncle works for microsoft so i am sure he will get a discount on a phone. In that case go for a 1520. As its powerful. I have it and wow. Battery life is long, powerful games do not slow down, its the biggest screen out there ideal for games and watching movies youtube, best screen at 1080p and to be honest the camera is not as powerful as the 1080 (41 mega pixel) but believe me.... 20 megapixel is more then enough and looks so good
This

sayedqd

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking about getting a 1520 during the summer but I actually want the McLaren with it's 'rumored' 3D Touch but since it is said to be a high end phone we would have to assume a high end price so that means I wouldn't be able to afford it if I got the 1520 during summer, or should I just wait on my 925 to wait for the McLaren or just get the 1520?

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking about getting a 1520 during the summer but I actually want the McLaren with it's 'rumored' 3D Touch but since it is said to be a high end phone we would have to assume a high end price so that means I wouldn't be able to afford it if I got the 1520 during summer, or should I just wait on my 925 to wait for the McLaren or just get the 1520?

if I were you, I'd wait

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
^yea wait for McLaren. it's rumored to be revolutionary!
if I were you I'd save up over the summer, then sell the 925 and get McLaren when it comes out.
of course if you're short you can always get it a bit later. which is also a good things since new gadgets often have issues

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
If you were more tempted by the iPhone 5s, go for the 930/Icon. If you were more tempted by the Note 3, go 1520.

There's really no point in waiting.

sayedqd

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
^yea wait for McLaren. it's rumored to be revolutionary!
if I were you I'd save up over the summer, then sell the 925 and get McLaren when it comes out.
of course if you're short you can always get it a bit later. which is also a good things since new gadgets often have issues
My uncle gave me a choice since he's visiting this month to choose between 3 phones namely The Nokia Lumia 930, Nokia Lumia 1020 and Nokia Lumia 1520 (I told him not to get me an iPhone, WP for life)
And apparently it's a gift for me what should I pick?

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
If you always want to take some pictures, 1020.
If you want big phones, 1520.
If you want something that is enough, 930.

If I were to choose, I'll choose the 930 mainly because it's a new model.

Matt Fara

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You should really hold the 1520 in your hand for a bit and see if you can do it, one handed use is extremely difficult. I won a 1520 recently and for the first week it felt too big coming from a 920, but I got used to it shortly after. The 930 would have been my first choice, but I am glad I have a 1520 and probably wouldn't trade it now.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My uncle gave me a choice since he's visiting this month to choose between 3 phones namely The Nokia Lumia 930, Nokia Lumia 1020 and Nokia Lumia 1520 (I told him not to get me an iPhone, WP for life)
And apparently it's a gift for me what should I pick?
honestly if you don't mind the size of a 6" phablet, I'd go 1520.
930 is missing too many nice features (glance, etc.) to be a full flag ship

sayedqd

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Since the majority of this thread likes the 1520, I'll get it but are there accessories which can be found anywhere? Since my Lumia 925 has about only 3 covers and 2 of them 'cause my phone to heat up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes