My wife is going to be getting into selling Pampered Chef. This means going to parties and taking people's orders. This means being able to take debit and credit cards as payments. I've seen other people do this using a device called Square (I tried putting in a link to this, but this forum's software instantly identified it as spam, because money is involved. Sorry people, I'm trying to be helpful, the software doesn't want me to be. Google/Bing it, if you want to find the device I'm talking about) with their iPhones, and maybe on their Android phones (can't be sure about the Android; I know it's available for iPhones). Only thing is I don't know if Square works with Windows Phone 8 or not. I suspect it doesn't.

So rather than plop the money down for an iOS device just so that we can use Square and take people's payments, I'd like to ask what solutions are available for Windows Phone 8? We're both using the Nokia Lumia 928 on Verizon.
    07-05-2014 02:19 PM
    Square only works on iOS & Android. PayPal has something similar, but again it's only for iOS & Android. I don't believe there are any options like that for WP at the moment.
    Doctor_Who and t.mehoves like this.
    07-05-2014 02:27 PM
    Really? That's unfortunate.
    k0de likes this.
    07-05-2014 08:49 PM
    Really? That's unfortunate.
    Yeap. I miss those apps so much since leaving iOS. But I keep my hopes high that square lands sometime this year on Windows Phone.
    07-05-2014 08:57 PM
    I too have been searching. There is absolutely nothing that 'really' works, and cube is a joke. It was not an issue for a small business owner up until recently, at least for me. All of a sudden, I am having customers that want to use a credit card on the go because someone previously before me had one. A friend of mine who is still using an iPhone 3G, is finally looking to upgrade for a reader as well... unfortunately WP is going to lose another sale because of this issue.
    11B1P likes this.
    07-06-2014 09:17 AM
    This works perfectly. Merchant Plus or Credit Card Terminal in the store. One you just type in and the other you use a dongle. Merchant plus has no monthly fees. CCT does. You're welcome, in case I don't check back on this post.
    Doctor_Who and 11B1P like this.
    07-06-2014 09:43 AM
    Just searched again, and found this one. Not sure how I overlooked it before, and it has a monthly fee.

Innerfence
    07-06-2014 09:56 AM
    That Merchant Plus sounds promising. Is that one where you've got to type the info in?
    07-06-2014 10:00 AM
    Yes it is but it works simple. I would say it is your best bet.
    Doctor_Who likes this.
    07-06-2014 10:03 AM
    I see they have a mobile app. But do you have to type in all the customers info ?
    07-07-2014 02:55 PM