Apple Earpods work with Lumia 1020?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Just wondering if someone who has Apple's Earpods (the earplugs that come with the iPhone 5 or 5S) can tell me if I can use them with a Nokia Lumia 1020? They are my favourite earbuds, so I would really like to use them with my new phone.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if someone who has Apple's Earpods (the earplugs that come with the iPhone 5 or 5S) can tell me if I can use them with a Nokia Lumia 1020? They are my favourite earbuds, so I would really like to use them with my new phone.

The remote doesn't work, but the headphones still work by themselves

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Yep, they work, but as already mentioned, the remote doesn't work. You can only play/pause a song with the button in the middle (and that doesn't work everytime, too).

Epleskrotten73

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your replies. I really like the Earpods, so I am happy to be able to use them to listen to music. I have found no earbuds that I like better.

I had trouble with several Android phones that just refused to work with these buds. Switching over to a Lumi 1020 as soon as the mailman can deliver it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Apple's earphones use a unique pinout for whatever reason, which means they will only work properly on Apple devices.

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Well, if you really want ear buds that have remotes that work with Windows Phones, get those Monster ones. They look awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos