Will You Upgrade to Lumia 1525 from 1520?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends. If you want a dual sim version of the 1520, then wait. Otherwise, it's probably not worth going for the 1525 (unless there's a better/very similar deal). The 1525 is only a bit quicker than the 1520 and you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them if you used them both side by side.

zairai

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I would, if it comes out in cyan, dark blue, magenta or purple. Why are the new Lumias not released in these colors anymore? Nonetheless, I'm also quite happy with my pikachu 1520.

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I would, if it comes out in cyan, dark blue, magenta or purple. Why are the new Lumias not released in these colors anymore? Nonetheless, I'm also quite happy with my pikachu 1520.
I read about Difference Between Snapdragon 800 and 801 and they said it also Improves Camera Quality and A Bit faster but nothing Major so ill buy 1520

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Don't go buy 1520 just yet!

One of the major problems with all Lumia cameras is the slow shutter speed and focusing times, while Nokia plans to improve that in Cyan, if you buy a Snapdragon 801 or 805 device it will have a significantly faster shot-to-shot times.

Other than that they may also be unveiling 3D touch on the 1525 as well.

Some rumours earlier this year also pointed towards a Lumia device with a 5 Megapixel front camera, maybe 1525 is the one.

I would highly recommend waiting for the new device. "HIGHLY".
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I can't recommend WP just yet,especially since I am not entirely sure what they have in mind for it...

With the rumors from within Microsoft itself I personally would hold off awhile in one of the flagship products.

Now,if they came out next week and said that they were going to produce a high end Lumina that was a true dual boot phone,I would be singing their praise from the highest hill around here,but,that's just speculation on my part.

Like I said,give it a few weeks,and see what shakes out of the trees with it.
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
If it comes to Verizon, it will most likely be my next smartphone. That or an iPhone 6. :)

Posted from my Nokia Lumia 822 using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of Windows Phone and Android but I give credit where credit is due.

I would recommend going for iPhone 6 instead of Lumia 1525, there are lots of reasons for this.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't get the hype about iPhone 6.... What's gonna be so special in it than the previous generation? IPhones in my country(India) are only bought by hipsters and youngsters as a status symbol- even if it doesn't have a file manager, micro USB, sd card slot, smallest screen,sLCD display(not IPS), no sharing files through Bluetooth ftp, no clearblack,glance,double tap to wake,camera button,dual sim.... You get the idea. Most of them regret later on buying iPhone.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't get the hype about iPhone 6.... What's gonna be so special in it than the previous generation? IPhones in my country(India) are only bought by hipsters and youngsters as a status symbol- even if it doesn't have a file manager, micro USB, sd card slot, smallest screen,sLCD display(not IPS), no sharing files through Bluetooth ftp, no clearblack,glance,double tap to wake,camera button,dual sim.... You get the idea. Most of them regret later on buying iPhone.
Research it a llittle and you might understand why.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

I could point out the fact that I've barely ever seen someone buy an iPhone and regret it. Windows Phone lack apps, fingerprint scanner, fast camera, 64 bit processor, etc.

MKBHD uploaded a video on YouTube about the new iPhone 6's glass, it is 4.7 inches and almost indestructible.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
yes. ^^^^ I doubt people iPhone folks are bothered about SD card slot, MicroUSB, IPS display, screen size, Bluetooth support, Clearblack, Glance, Double tap to wake, camera button lol.. Its so funny.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll buy it only if its screen size is less than 6 inches and if it does not have those sensitivity issues from the 1520, and yes microsd slot and qi built in is a must

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I phone is terrible. I bought one, so did my mate and they just died for no reason. not been dropped ever, not got wet. my lumia 1520 is perfect. really cant ask for anything else in the phone. people hype about the 3D touch screen, yet when Nintendo released the 3DS people complained as they felt sick. iPhone fan boys are saying "look...we have a fingerprint scanner" I say "if your that retarded to lose it then you need a scanner" personally, the 1520 is better then an iPhone. I put one next to my phone and laughed. it really looked like a fischer price toy lol

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I'll buy it only if its screen size is less than 6 inches and if it does not have those sensitivity issues from the 1520, and yes microsd slot and qi built in is a must

It's confirmed that a 4.7 inch iPhone will come out, a 5.5 inch one is rumoured. QI and SD Card slot isn't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb