It's working absolutely fine on other websites like dailymotion and even on youtube it was playing the videos without a hiccup until about a week ago.

And now when I click on the play icon on a youtube vid it says "sorry, we can't play this file on your phone". There is no error code or anything else. Just this short message every time I click on a video.

The same videos were playable on this device about a week ago. They are not in the flv format or any other format that's mobile incompatible. And the phone doesn't have any problem playing the already downloaded videos, including a few from youtube (that were downloaded using the UC Browser). The same videos are now unplayable from the website.

Also, I've tried playing them in a different browser (UC and Internet Explorer). I have updated my phone too, just to be sure. I've downloaded the Youtube and Metrotube apps from the market with the same result. Basically, I've tried everything except performing a reset. Is anyone else having this issue?
    07-07-2014 11:46 AM
    It's working absolutely fine on other websites like dailymotion and even on youtube it was playing the videos without a hiccup until about a week ago.

And now when I click on the play icon on a youtube vid it says "sorry, we can't play this file on your phone". There is no error code or anything else. Just this short message every time I click on a video.

The same videos were playable on this device about a week ago. They are not in the flv format or any other format that's mobile incompatible. And the phone doesn't have any problem playing the already downloaded videos, including a few from youtube (that were downloaded using the UC Browser). The same videos are now unplayable from the website.

Also, I've tried playing them in a different browser (UC and Internet Explorer). I have updated my phone too, just to be sure. I've downloaded the Youtube and Metrotube apps from the market with the same result. Basically, I've tried everything except performing a reset. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Restart the phone? Pres volume down and power button at the same time for 15sec... Then let go. It restarts itself.
    07-07-2014 12:12 PM
    Restarted, still the same. And I'm looking to avoid a reset.
    07-08-2014 01:51 AM
    Restarted, still the same. And I'm looking to avoid a reset.
    Try downloading Tube Pro.So far it has been a solid performer for me.
    07-08-2014 01:58 AM
    Do you have 7.8 installed? Also did you delete Internet Explorer browser history?
    07-08-2014 10:59 AM
    I face the same issue few weeks before so I guess it's the same time with your issue. Have your issue resolved?
    08-14-2014 12:06 PM