BackUp Apps

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Can anyone let me know what options are available to backup your phones data via wifi? I am new to windows phone and just recently purchased the Icon. Love the phone but still getting used to WP8. At first glance it seems awfully rigid and coming from someone that loved webOS this could be a problem but right the hardware outweighs the software. Thanks in advance for any help.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just a few moments ago I outlined the backup feature of WP 8.x in this thread:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/294453-backup-options-wp8.html

There is no other major option (a la BackupMan, NVBackup, Titanium Backup...) because third party apps do not have access to other apps data among other stuff due to security restrictions put in place.

Fellow webOS/Palm OS fan here, I've personally found WP to fit me best, but there's still many things I miss.
Poke around the settings! There's no patches a la Preware, but the responsiveness is certainly a step up.

dki378

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I was actually looking for something that could backup my photos/videos via wifi to a computer/NAS. Is there anything out there that can do this?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was actually looking for something that could backup my photos/videos via wifi to a computer/NAS. Is there anything out there that can do this?

I think its possible, but I don't know personally.

I just use the standard OneDrive auto-upload feature, which sends it to OneDrive, which then pushes it to all my connected computers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234