Windows 8.1 phone: Lumia 630

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Good afternoon,
I (We...there is a lot of us!!) are having endless problems with the disappearing of our audio on the newly released Nokia Lumia 630 Dual Sim. The phone does everything well, but every couple of minutes the audio disappears. It will only work again after a soft reset. I have tried updating the software and have also downloaded the "developers preview" app which allows you to test the software they are currently developing, but to no avail. The problem is persisting.

Please help, Nokia and Microsoft does not seem to care.

Regards,
Ian

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Good afternoon,
I (We...there is a lot of us!!) are having endless problems with the disappearing of our audio on the newly released Nokia Lumia 630 Dual Sim. The phone does everything well, but every couple of minutes the audio disappears. It will only work again after a soft reset. I have tried updating the software and have also downloaded the "developers preview" app which allows you to test the software they are currently developing, but to no avail. The problem is persisting.

Regards,
Ian
First of all, congrats on getting a Lumia! :) By disappears, do you mean the audio stops suddenly while, do eg, playing music 🎶? I would suggest you try a hard reset. Also there are 3 updates available after 8.1 preview... Make sure you have all three installed.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Good afternoon,

Regards,
Ian

Let me share a post by another Lumia630 owner here. It's written by fadi dababneh

"guys i have great news i have fixed this problem and i am now able to hear the caller and the caller is able to hear me the fix is simple and easy so it goes like this:
(please follow each step because it is important to solve this problem)
1-You would turn off your phone
2-Remove the back cover and battery
3-Take the sim out and put it in sim slot 2 if u were in sim slot 1 and in sim slot 1 if you were in sim slot 2 (important)
4-Open the phone and let it load up and try the call it should work by now but we are still not done
5-Remove the battery and remove the sim another time and now return it to the same slot it was before
6-Open the phone and your done it should be working and no problems in audio should be found
I have done this and the phone is working so far with no problems and it has been working for 2 day and half by now and no problems at all :). "

Try this above method if updating is not working. I thought they fixed it in an update which they released on June 27th.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I will definitely try it!! You talk about three updates after the 8.1 release? Where do I find them?

Thanks for the interest, I appreciate it a lot.
Ian

And please let us all know if this method worked for you.
I'm talking about an update received by Lumia630 phones around June 27th. I'm not really sure if this news is true. I read it in some other websites. You can go to your 'settings' and manually check if there is any updates available. Keep your phone up to date.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I will definitely try it!! You talk about three updates after the 8.1 release? Where do I find them?

Thanks for the interest, I appreciate it a lot.
Ian

Ok i checked it in Nokia website.
It says
Latest software release for Nokia Lumia 630 is 01061.00066.14235.36xxx
The availability of this update may depend on your network service provider. To check for updates, on your phone, tap Settings -> phone update.

• Fix for intermittent audio issues during a call
  • Improved connectivity
  • Enhancements to battery level monitoring
  • Usability improvements, such as a fix for calendar invites sometimes not showing for the correct date
  • Performance and stability improvements

Ian van den Heever

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to all for your assistance.
My OS is up to date, and my handset definitely improved. The audio still vanishes from time to time, I guess I have to live with it for now!!
Happened again this morning and I had to do a soft reset to restore properly. I does work if you switch it off only, but I find that the problem returns after a very short while. It seems to "stay away" for longer if you do the soft reset (Volume down and Power buttons pressed simultaneously)

As soon as my handset is without problems for at least 24 hrs, I will advise.....maybe we can figure out what I did to get it right!!!? Good luck to all and thanks again!

Regards,
Ian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett