Nokia Lumia 925 - Video Failure?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I have had my Lumia 925 for a month or two now, and I use it to record a lot of high quality videos. So far every video has turned out perfectly fine!

Yesterday I recorded a long video but today when I copied it onto my PC I realised that it can't be played. All of the other videos I recorded that day work fine except for one.

On my phone, the video has just a grey tile instead of a thumbnail when trying to play it.. and it says the length of the video is 0:00 when it was actually around 10 minutes long. When I try to play the video it says 'Sorry, we can't play this file on your phone'
On my computer it still shows the original size of the file (1.44gb) but when I look at the video's properties it is all empty.

I have seen similar problems on this site, but none of them really had an answer.. is there any way to recover this video?

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried moving the video from phone to SD card and vice versa? See what happens then. If not check the app store as VLC can play all video types (but you shouldn't have to do that) my only guess I that it was corrupted while recording. Have you recorded again since? If so does that work? If yes then I fear the previous video was corrupted.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried moving the video from phone to SD card and vice versa? See what happens then. If not check the app store as VLC can play all video types (but you shouldn't have to do that) my only guess I that it was corrupted while recording. Have you recorded again since? If so does that work? If yes then I fear the previous video was corrupted.

Its really nice to see you trying to help. But let me tell you one thing he said he is using lumia 925, it doesn't have sd card slot.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like a file write error in the phone.

Just curious was the battery time good and was the phone warm after shooting the vid?
My 521 did this to me once...drove me nuts wondering what happened.

Also did the blank video show up in OneDrive by any chance?

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
My bad...sorry I forgot about no SD. can you download the file manager from Microsoft...it will let you open up files and from there you can see what files are corrupted so it should round it down

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes