Back to WP8

DEVENDRA PADHEN

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
hi... i am DEV from india. i have lumia 1520 and i m facing problem of its display and touch. i also shown to nokia care and they said that your warrenty is gone because of developers update and you have to charge 18,000 rs for repair . Is there any way to go back to WP8 ? and what should i do?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me too. I had crazy issues with my 1520. Actually sent mine in and the repair center sent it back to me with no repairs completed because I was running the dev preview. I simply flashed WP8 back onto it and sent it back in. All was good after that.
I spoke with a rep there who told me that in the agreement for the dev preview, it states that the warranty is indeed voided while running WP8.1 preview. She also said that the warranty is reactivated once the official release is updated to your phone running the preview. I never actually verified to see if the agreement says anything about the warranty, but it's probably really in there somewhere. :)

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me too. I had crazy issues with my 1520. Actually sent mine in and the repair center sent it back to me with no repairs completed because I was running the dev preview. I simply flashed WP8 back onto it and sent it back in. All was good after that.
I spoke with a rep there who told me that in the agreement for the dev preview, it states that the warranty is indeed voided while running WP8.1 preview. She also said that the warranty is reactivated once the official release is updated to your phone running the preview. I never actually verified to see if the agreement says anything about the warranty, but it's probably really in there somewhere. :)
It doesn't say it will be void, it says it Could be. I think this tends to be based on the individual interpretation, as I have heard others day they sent a phone in running the preview and Nokia didn't say anything about it.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't say it will be void, it says it Could be. I think this tends to be based on the individual interpretation, as I have heard others day they sent a phone in running the preview and Nokia didn't say anything about it.

You're probably correct. I've heard people say the same thing. I just wanted to relay what happened to me on to the original poster.