Can't make up my mind

Crimson Typhoon

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello community.
I'm a student from Georgia(country,not state :) ).

As I have been using Nokia N70 for some years (sounds weird :grin: ) , I decided to make an upgrade and get Lumia.
But the problem is that I can't make up my mind which model to buy. As I am student my budget is limited.
I can not spend more than 250$ (~450 GEL, local currency). I cast a glance at models in this price range and found models like lumia 625 720 etc
I'm not sure if it worth getting this models.Also I like 1320 but it is a little expensive (50$ more expensive than my budget is).

I want to get a piece of advice from you.

Thanks in advance.

Crimson Typhoon

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I'd prefer everything to be balanced.

I don't want to have a big screen without performance and camera.Also having camera and small screen and bad performance wouldn't be a great choice for me.

I want to play games and surf the net without problems. I know that the phone from this price range won't be perfect,but I dont want to make a decision and than regret about it.

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I think the Nokia Lumia 1320 would be a great choice if u do not mind the screen size! It has a decent camera,a gig of ram and great battery life! I think that it would make a good choice. Just my opinion,upto u though :)
Sent from my RM-821_im_india_443 using Tapatalk

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion 1320 would be the best option. About the size,I guess u can get used to it within a week or so! I mean,I cant comment on it exactly,because I use a 920! And I think apart from the 1320,all other phones in this price range have 512 MB of ram which just isn't sufficient. So there you go,good luck with ur purchase :)
Sent from my RM-821_im_india_443 using Tapatalk

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll respect your budget limitation. I'm looking at this:

Search results for Lumia 635, Lumia 630, Lumia 1320 - Nokia

I don't know if the 630/635 are available where you are (I'm in Georgia the state :wink:), but it is an option to look at.

The 512 MB of RAM is not an issue for the overwhelming majority of apps/games. There are some that won't work, but they are in the minority. So unless you're wanting to play the most demanding of games on your phone, a phone with 512 MB will work fine. Since you said you want a good balance, it sounds to me like this will work for you. The 512MB phones are still very responsive. There are just some apps that won't work. Something to think about, the Lumia 520 is the most popular Windows Phone there is, and it has 512 MB of RAM. The 620, another 512 MB device, has taken over second place, putting down the 920 (Search | Windows Phone Central

If you want to stay within your budget, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 63x range phones. You can still look at the 720, but keep in mind that the 720 is almost two years old now. You'll probably be happier knowing that you have the newer internals, since there isn't much difference in the devices. The 63x models also boast a screen that is 0.2 inches larger than the 720. The battery is smaller, but if you look at the advertised talk/standby times, it looks like the battery is used more efficiently except for talking on 2G networks. The 635 has LTE bands. The other two do not. These things should all play into your decision. But in the end, the decision is yours. The best thing that we can do here is to help you find the information that will help you make that decision. The worst thing we can do is tell you what you should buy. :wink:

Infamy79

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I bought the 1520 and it has not taken long for me to get used to the size at all. My old 920 feels like a postage stamp now if I go back to look at something on it. So I am sure the 1320 will be the same, my father got one before going overseas for 6 months for the offline maps and says its the best device he's brought with him.

If you want something smaller, maybe see what you can buy a 925 for over there. Here in Australia you can find them new for AUD$280-300 online which is 460-500 GEL, but phones here are generally more expensive than Europe and that price includes our 10% sales tax.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro