What is the future of Windows phones?

nuaman bukhari

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Future of windows phones

I am currently using Lumia 525 with windows 8.1 and honesty, it is working smoothly, excluding battery problems. But the problem is I am in love with windows phone and don't want to buy android or ios in future either.
Reading day to day news about windows application problems, like many developers leaving WP and joining android and apple and also Nokia camera makers left the company, do make me feel insecure about the future of windows phones.
Will it be able to satisfy the customers or cover to end. Can it over take the market or be in extinguished list like Symbian.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Future of windows phones

It won't take over the market however it won't die off. If Microsoft changes its business strategy, you'll see noticeable support and growth. I've been with Microsoft Windows mobile/phone since 2007 & have many changes but it still remains.

nuaman bukhari

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

Changes and strategies are different with respect to the growing biased minds of people for android and ios. The point is can Microsoft really stand against others and can they develop themselves more than others...

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

I am currently using Lumia 525 with windows 8.1 and honesty, it is working smoothly, excluding battery problems. But the problem is I am in love with windows phone and don't want to buy android or ios in future either.
Reading day to day news about windows application problems, like many developers leaving WP and joining android and apple and also Nokia camera makers left the company, do make me feel insecure about the future of windows phones.
Will it be able to satisfy the customers or cover to end. Can it over take the market or be in extinguished list like Symbian.

Haha I am a Lumia 520 user, your lucky to have a 525, your going to get a really awesome lock screen update in Windows Phone 8.1 soon.

nuaman bukhari

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

Haha I am a Lumia 520 user, your lucky to have a 525, your going to get a really awesome lock screen update in Windows Phone 8.1 soon.

Ya I am lucky and am very thirsty to get more lucky in future with my good budget windows phones (from Nokia only). But windows need to an overhaul (not in interface please) but in applications, etc. I will love to see windows above ios and android...

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Ok lets set a few records straight here. Yes...nokia is no more as a company....BUT still will make phones. Why would Microsoft buy Nokia and not use them? Basically they bought Nokia so Nokia can only make phones for them and no other company so its the best news. You wouldn't want Nokia to start making phones for apple or Samsung now would you? The name Lumia might go and be replaced with windows phone which is a shame as Lumia is a nice name and is now getting recognized. As for apps....apple and android will always have more apps due to them being around years longer. They have had a good 5 or so years Headstart. But the gap is closing. It's up to the developer to transfer apps to Lumia but as they are ready loaded with sales from the after platforms most of them don't care about releasing it to us. In my eyes with the launching of so many phones no way is windows phones on its way out. A company won't release phones without any money to support it. The only fail Microsoft is doing is in the ads for the phones. In the UK they are advertising the 630 BUT THEY ARE NOT SHOWING WHAT IT CAN DO which is a massive fail. Apple got it right. IPhone ad showing how apps help people and what the phone can do. Why the hell don't Microsoft do that. Instead they have a young tart speaking about it not showing what it can do.

nuaman bukhari

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

Ok lets set a few records straight here. Yes...nokia is no more as a company....BUT still will make phones. Why would Microsoft buy Nokia and not use them? Basically they bought Nokia so Nokia can only make phones for them and no other company so its the best news. You wouldn't want Nokia to start making phones for apple or Samsung now would you? The name Lumia might go and be replaced with windows phone which is a shame as Lumia is a nice name and is now getting recognized. As for apps....apple and android will always have more apps due to them being around years longer. They have had a good 5 or so years Headstart. But the gap is closing. It's up to the developer to transfer apps to Lumia but as they are ready loaded with sales from the after platforms most of them don't care about releasing it to us. In my eyes with the launching of so many phones no way is windows phones on its way out. A company won't release phones without any money to support it. The only fail Microsoft is doing is in the ads for the phones. In the UK they are advertising the 630 BUT THEY ARE NOT SHOWING WHAT IT CAN DO which is a massive fail. Apple got it right. IPhone ad showing how apps help people and what the phone can do. Why the hell don't Microsoft do that. Instead they have a young tart speaking about it not showing what it can do.

You definitely got the point... Basically the issue is when android and apple came into being they were new to world and people and windows is totally new to phones only. But it too have it's image into desktops.
At last I love windows due its complicatedness. Android and apple are too simple for me and I don't want to see that day when i will buy android or apple... 😆

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

You definitely got the point... Basically the issue is when android and apple came into being they were new to world and people and windows is totally new to phones only. But it too have it's image into desktops.
At last I love windows due its complicatedness. Android and apple are too simple for me and I don't want to see that day when i will buy android or apple... ��

I wrote an article on the app gap, if your interested I could send it to you. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss