Nokia Lumia 520 Mind of Its own and making random calls!

W

WPCentral Question

I have a Nokia Lumina 520 and ever since I have had it (about 4 weeks), it has acted very strangely at times. It can be lying on my desk and then all of a sudden all of the tiles start shaking as if its in edit mode, then it will start to switch screens or launch an app. Today - and this is no word of a lie - the phone has made two outgoing calls when plugged in charging. I have no idea what is going on. Locking the phone seems to stop the behaviour but I shouldn't have to lock it 24/7. Can these phones be hacked or an app has done this? I now have to keep checking it to make sure it's not doing anything it shouldn't be? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. When I bought it was Windows 8 and its now on the dev preview of 8.1 however it has exhibited strangeness on both. Thanks.

Phillbm

May 4, 2015
Visit site
The same thing has happened on occasions with my Nokia Lumia 520. Today for example I had a problem with the SD card and it asked whether I wanted to scan it to check for errors. After a couple of minutes of scanning it decided, with no intervention from me, to phone the local hospital, which happened to be the last but one number I had dialled. It has happened before and until I read your post I thought it was a result of me accidently touching the screen in an unfortunate sequence that I was unaware of. Now I'm not so sure. (re the SD card, scanning did not help, it just needed to be taken out and put back in again)

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Did this happen even with screen sensitivity set to normal and disabling double tap to unlock. My Lumia 520 was automatically making calls, unlocking screen, opening apps, playing music while in my pocket and I was mad what is really happening to this device. When I accidentally tapped phone even with my pen it turned on by itself and I figured out double tap, high sensitivity are causing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786