lumia 925 vs 1020

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
If you want a phone for photography, get Lumia 1020 :smile: You can do the same on all Lumia devices running the latest version of windows phone 8 software with the help of nokia camera. I love the manual settings on my Lumia 920.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I really like to take photos,im not a photographer but im taking a lot of photos and im looking for great locations just for fun :)

But is the difference between 925 and 1020 worth that extra cash?

Not much. If you like zooming a lot in your photos, 41MP camera sensor , RAW image support and lossless zoom makes Lumia 1020 shines where as Lumia 925 is slim , limited to 16GB internal memory. Have a look at Lumia 925&1020 forums to have a look at some great sticky threads of images captured by both if the these smartphone. I am still enjoying my Lumia 920 which is very similar to Lumia 925 :smile:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Not the best one. All captured using nokia camera app.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• WP_20131029_17_56_44_Pro.jpg
    WP_20131029_17_56_44_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • WP_20131112_19_59_19_Pro.jpg
    WP_20131112_19_59_19_Pro.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I warmly recommend Lumia 1020, as people gets amazed the quality of gives from camera. Lowlight shooting is top notch, and other features is a plus, such as very distinctive looks with the camera hump on the back 😃
Sent from my NeverAndroidAgain**1020** via Tapatalk

Jakub Galuszka

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Himanshu
thanks,looks great :)

Miska
Well this might sound wierd but what about ''phone features''?
Does the 1020 get hot?,what about top games like GTA or asphalt are they playable?

I mean everyboy talking about camera on 1020 but not about phone as device.
I know there are reviews but i like to get opinions from users not from guys who use phone for week. :)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Himanshu
thanks,looks great :)

Miska
Well this might sound wierd but what about ''phone features''?
Does the 1020 get hot?,what about top games like GTA or asphalt are they playable?

I mean everyboy talking about camera on 1020 but not about phone as device.
I know there are reviews but i like to get opinions from users not from guys who use phone for week. :)

Played with a Lumia 1020 4-5 days back in a store. While testing out the camera , YES the camera tends to heat up while recording video (don't worry it wont damage the camera module or internals , happens with my Lumia 920 too ). If you play heavy intensive games like asphalt 8 , GTA SA which is supported on both Lumia 925 & Lumia 1020 heats up. Actually most of the phones these days heats up while playing games. The GPU powering requires lot of power to draw on a HD screen :wink:. Don't worry about the heating issues :smile:
Oh by the way all windows phone 8 devices will get windows phone 8.1 update this summer (depends on your carrier/region )

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Well all games works flawlessly on this phone, but they cause heating and battery consumption. I believe 1520 is best phone for multimedia purposes only atm. 1020 is great phone which does work without hiccups, but they cost battery and causes heat. Imo those are minor problems 😃
Any other questions about this phone?😊

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Well all games works flawlessly on this phone, but they cause heating and battery consumption. I believe 1520 is best phone for multimedia purposes only atm. 1020 is great phone which does work without hiccups, but they cost battery and causes heat. Imo those are minor problems 😃

Any other questions about this phone?😊

I completely agree with you over here. But one can buy a camera grip for Lumia 1020 which also includes battery or might act as an power bank ;)

Kunal Jain586

May 15, 2014
Visit site
belive me many phones will come and go but lumia 1020 will always be there to kick there asses in terms of camera performence,i admit hardware and GPU is not top end but its windows phone dont need top end hardware to run it soothly! above mentioned games due to low GPU have to play on medium settings and yes it heats up! but not that much that it will burn ur hand! performence wise its just fraction of seconds less faster than top end devices like 1520,ICON( you can check videos on youtube) and if you compare to android then well in terms of camera no compition for lumia 1020 still, and the newer the android version comes the more RAM u need but they still lag. i tested for an hour with devices like xperia z1,z2,HTC one,lumia 1520,performence and lookwise and screen quality and colour reproduction is way better than any of theese devices! also played batman,asphalt 8,modern comabt 4,assasins creed,NOVA,GTA, and other top end games they all run smooth on medium settings.!

Jakub Galuszka

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Oh and this phone can stand on flat surface on its own, so you can take advantage of those long exposure shots ��
Really?Sides are rounded or you mean you can put it on flat surface and hold it with finger?:))

Also probably last question:
What about that bump at back...does it feel wierd when you hold the phone ''normal way''?

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Really?Sides are rounded or you mean you can put it on flat surface and hold it with finger?:))

Also probably last question:
What about that bump at back...does it feel wierd when you hold the phone ''normal way''?

I mean that you can put the phone USB port down on flat surface and it stands there on its own.
The camera bump feels nice actually when you hold the phone. Makes it easier to hold the grip 😊

Jakub Galuszka

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I mean that you can put the phone USB port down on flat surface and it stands there on its own.
The camera bump feels nice actually when you hold the phone. Makes it easier to hold the grip ��

Oh,true i totally forgot :)...I will probably buy some universal tripod for phone on ebay for few buck...to try :)

Thats good to hear :)
Do you personally have some album of photos with your lumia?

Jakub Galuszka

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Also forgot one last qustion and probably most important one.

How's battery life? I had Iphone 5s and Nexus 5 as my last phones and battery life wasnt impressive but it was enough for me.
Lumia 1020 have simmilar battery life or worse?

I was looking on gsmarena and according to test 1020 have simmilar battery life to Nexus 5...little better in everything but a LOT better in stand by times...So is that true?:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss