How To Clear Recent Pictures (Windows Phone 8.1)

vpalhories

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I took some "compromising" pictures and now they show up in our "Recent Photos" when we select OneDrive as the Photo Album. Additionally, the "Saved Pictures" tile shows a picture that is no longer in that folder (compromising picture as well!!!). How do I remove OneDrive as a photo album (or clear the Recent List) from the Photos app on my WP8.1?

Thanks.

--- Val

vpalhories

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I tried the reshuffle and that did not fix it. To be clear my issue isn't with the picture on the phone tile. The issue is with the fact that if I give my phone to someone to look at my pictures the can see my recent pictures (all of them, not just a few) and some are rather embarrassing. I now lock the pictures I don't want shown with an app but they still appear in the recent pictures list.

Hopefully I'm explaining my problem correctly.

--- Val

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay in that case, if you do not want the pictures you can delete them from the one drive folder or move them to a different folder on one drive than the current pictures folder, or click some random pictures and upload them to one drive so your recent pictures change

vpalhories

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
That did the trick although the "Recent" tile (Photos -> Albums -> Online (OneDrive) -> Recent Photos still shows a recent picture on the Tile that is no longer in my "Recent Photos" list.

I understand the reasoning behind wanting to put "Recent Photos" and why some people would want to use that however it seems that it would be nice to configure WP to NOT show certain folders.

On that note, can you recommend a good software for WP8.1 that I could use as a "Vault" to password protect some pics?

Thanks again.

--- Val

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well there are some apps which claim to do that but they don't. The way they work is you'll have to move the "to be password protected pics" to the app's sandbox which acts like a folder with password on it.

Cody Abides

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1020. I had this one very unappealing photo that kept showing up as the permanent thumbnails for Onedrive and Recent Photo under Albums. I was unable to get rid of it as it was already deleted weeks ago both from phone and Onedrive. It finally went way after I went to Storage Sense App -- Phone -- Temporary Files --- Delete. It takes several 'delete' actions to clear everything if there's a lot on your phone. Hope this helps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786