My Lumia 1520 randomly gets uber hot .....

lucasmonta

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'm writing this because my Lumia 1520 randomly heats up.

The problem with this is that isn't just your regular heat-up from usage.....this thing goes crazy hot by just siting in my pocket (or where ever it is). My normal battery life is about two days, reaching the night of day 2 with around 20% left. But now, when this heating episodes happen my battery dies in a matter of a couple of hours. Just today I unplugged the phone at 100% (obviously) at 10.30 and by 15.30/16 I'm down with just 20% battery, and I didn't use the phone whatsoever through the day.

So here is my config, maybe someone can advise.

• When at home I always use WIFI (heat-ups appear at home and outside home too)
  • Since last hard-reset, location is always ON
  • NO Cortana, since it's not available in my country
  • The phone is carrier free, and bought outside the country, so no warranty whatsoever
  • NO official Nokia Care around here, but there might be good tech support that are "recommended" in Nokia's web page
  • WP 8.1 installed
  • NO Lumia Cyan
  • Since last hard-reset background apps running free (since last time this happened, before my last hard-reset, I had them blocked and did not change anything)
  • No phone case/cover

Also another thing is that the camera seems to be opening randombly whe using the phone, its not an accidental press of the button/app tile since it had happen inside other apps (like for example The Verge) with my hand noway near pressing the side button.

Well I thinks thats all, thanks for reading and please excuse my poor english since its not my native language.
Kindest regards.
Lucas

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I did have a similar problem a few weeks ago, I changed region and had Cortana installed and my 1520 heated up and drained battery very quickly, I had to change region back to uk and lose Cortana which solved my issue luckily.

However you do not have Cortana installed and I take it your phone has the correct regional settings? Also strange the camera starting itself, Maybe another hard rest will cure your issues?

If all else fails then you may have to revert back to WP8 using Nokia software recovery tool on PC,

I take it all ran fine when you originally purchased your phone?
I hope you do get it running as it should 😊

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Some users have had this problem since the 8.1 update, though that is not necessarily the cause in your case. Try removing inessential apps to see if that helps. Perhaps turn off location reporting. Also, does the heating occur on a particular area of the phone?

Your English is very good and it is not immediately obvious that it is not your first language.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

lucasmonta

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Some users have had this problem since the 8.1 update, though that is not necessarily the cause in your case. Try removing inessential apps to see if that helps. Perhaps turn off location reporting. Also, does the heating occur on a particular area of the phone?

Your English is very good and it is not immediately obvious that it is not your first language.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Thanks, I do try my best, but I'm sure some mistakes will escape from my checking lol.

Regarding my issue. The sad thing is that I already uninstalled all the apps and games that I don't really use. As a matter of fact, I only installed the essential ones after that last hard-reset. I even uninstalled facebook :p......
Also, I do think that location reporting is turned off, but I do have the gps antenna working.....maybe we are talking about the same thing, no really sure if I understood what "location reporting" means, sorry :/

lucasmonta

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I did have a similar problem a few weeks ago, I changed region and had Cortana installed and my 1520 heated up and drained battery very quickly, I had to change region back to uk and lose Cortana which solved my issue luckily.

However you do not have Cortana installed and I take it your phone has the correct regional settings? Also strange the camera starting itself, Maybe another hard rest will cure your issues?

If all else fails then you may have to revert back to WP8 using Nokia software recovery tool on PC,

I take it all ran fine when you originally purchased your phone?
I hope you do get it running as it should ��

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the location setting is seted to my country......can't really remember if there were any heat-ups while using WP8, the camera thingy did happen though.....I may have to downgrade, I was hoping that maybe someone knew a work-around to the problem, what a pity I really love WP8.1 hope Cyan helps me out :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiuniuz