Help me buy a new phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryan Salooja

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am thinking to buy a new phone. I have selected few phones, but can't decide which one to buy. I have selected Nokia Lumia 720, IPhone 4, Blackberry Z3 and Z10. Please help me.....

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Blackberry bad choice. Lumia 720 is much better than iphone 4. Just the app gap will affect you. But all important apps which one requires are there on windows phone. Wp 8.1 is few weeks long now. Camera quality is osum and battery backup on lumia 720 is also nice. Many official apps have launched on windows phone and more are coming. Iphone 4 with latest ios update it lags alot
Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1320 is an option with better specs. If you from India there many new windows phone out in market from micromax and xolo. Quality may not be as nokia but specs which you'll are pretty nice. Those phones will cost you around 10000-11000₹

AwesomeLewis24

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Not sure you should be asking on WPCentral - you're going to get a very biased opinion towards the Lumia range.. ;)

In my opinion:

BlackBerry - No go. They are on their way out (They have recently allowed support for Android apps, trying to get users to get onto BlackBerry). The OS is slow and the apps and games are lacking in both performance and looks.

iPhone - Good phone. Wide range of apps and has good performance. However, everyone and I mean everyone has an iPhone these days...

Nokia - Good performance, apps are increasing, unique look and feel, runs the OS without any lag unless you fill it with a lot of crap. Be different from the crowd and be unique - get a Nokia. :)

Aryan Salooja

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Well, I already have a Lumia 520. I find it usable enough but it lacks a lot features. So I thought that if there is another phone in Lumia family that is light, durable, screen size is between 4-5 and in the range of Rs. 10,000-17,000.... I feel that other OS are not secure enough and are not user friendly enough.... (I'm not being biased towards WP)... So please suggest that if should I go for a Lumia 720 or 1320??

Thanks...

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, I already have a Lumia 520. I find it usable enough but it lacks a lot features. So I thought that if there is another phone in Lumia family that is light, durable, screen size is between 4-5 and in the range of Rs. 10,000-17,000.... I feel that other OS are not secure enough and are not user friendly enough.... (I'm not being biased towards WP)... So please suggest that if should I go for a Lumia 720 or 1320??

Thanks...

Go for 1320 better specs. You won't have to wait games to get compatible for 512 mb ram devices. With 1 gb ram you can enjoy gaming. Iphone is not a bad option but seriously with the latest ios update it lags alot. Apple are well known for this. They spoil all their old devices with new updates and people tend to buy latest apple phones.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
qy8y6uty.png

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
But the screen is too big..... And moreover almost all the apps are now available on 512 ram phones...

I agree, it takes time getting used to the 1320. But if you're not too much into gaming. Then 720 would be perfect. I cant tell you how happy I am with the camera and runs without any lag whatsoever, and yes I am running 8.1 dp. But sad thing is Its out of stock almost everywhere, I hope it comes in stock again..planning to buy it for my dad..I have the same budget. And confused, 625 has no glance, 720 is out of stock and 1320 is too big and camera is not as good as 720.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I agree, it takes time getting used to the 1320. But if you're not too much into gaming. Then 720 would be perfect. I cant tell you how happy I am with the camera and runs without any lag whatsoever, and yes I am running 8.1 dp. But sad thing is Its out of stock almost everywhere, I hope it comes in stock again..planning to buy it for my dad..I have the same budget. And confused, 625 has no glance, 720 is out of stock and 1320 is too big and camera is not as good as 720.

Is glance feature a deal changer?
I mean, is glance so imp that u r not buying a phone because of that? Otherwise 625 is really good option if 720 is not available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss