Question about Microsoft Account funds

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Just a quick (and potentially dumb!) question.

I have ?20 in my Microsoft Account, which I've helpfully established on here will pop up in My Wallet when I register my new phone (not currently on the WP network). Anyway, am I correct in assuming these finds can be used for anything and not just apps?

The voucher code was referred to as an 'App Voucher' but I presume it will just work as ?20 credit for any purchase, say for music downloads from Mix Radio for example?

I'd just like to confirm as I'll be getting another voucher with the phone, and the potential to spend ?40 on Mix Radio downloads is quite tempting!! There's very little on the actual app front I can see myself paying for.

Thanks all!

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't see why not, but make sure the MixRadio stuff is paid for through MS.

You mean as opposed to via Nokia? Obviously I can probably work this all out once I get the phone, but at the moment I'm just guessing lol

EDIT: Hmmm, just trying online to test it, and it only seems to want to take credit card details. Despite logging in via my MS account (and having that linked to a Nokia Account) payment via gift voucher is not an option. Unless I'm missing something obvious?

Last edited:

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't see why not, but make sure the MixRadio stuff is paid for through MS, because you know, you can't use an amazon gift card at ebay

Yeah I think that's effectively what's happening. Just checked it with an MS rep and it appears that the funds can only be used for MS Store/Xbox Store and WP Store purchases. Makes sense really, I just wasn't sure due to the MS/Nokia partnership/buyout. Nevermind!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99