Sad news everyone.

beatheaven

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
My lumia broke today. The glass is fully shattered and broken but i'm glad i can still use this phone. But i learnt something of gorilla glass 2. The glass is packed so tight that when it gets shattered bad the glass pieces pop out pretty fast, so if your lumia breaks i recommend you not to look at your lumia screen without glasses because you don't want to try what happens when there is really tiny glass pieces in your eye.

I'm glad i have a lumia beacause the screen is still super sensitive in use and if i want i can use gloves to protect my fingers from the glass pieces :) thanks for reading, i hope you learnt something new. Update: The glass pops out as well on other gorilla glass screens.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I think that's the nature of the glass - it's tempered to be scratch resistant, and tough to shatter but it is brittle.

Another example would be the sapphire crystal one finds on a Rolex (or any wrist watch) - the thing's highly scratch resistant and you can drop it but if a hard object - say a large screw driver - come at an angle and just glances the crystal BOOM shatters!!! (I've had this and you cannot imagine how irate I was!)

It has to do with the way the molecules are stacked, within the crystal. That's true of any glass that's tempered - car windscreens etc.

Sorry to hear of your predicament - hope you get it sorted!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12