Nokia Lumia 1020 to "reach end life?"

W

WPCentral Question

So I guess Nokia will discontinue the Lumia 1020, but I have the phone myself, does that mean I will not receive anymore updates after they discontinue it (Discontinuing in September)?

Say that the Windows Store gets new apps, will I still be able to download them? Or if there is a phone update, will I still be able to get it?

Thanks in advance.

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
So I guess Nokia will discontinue the Lumia 1020, but I have the phone myself, does that mean I will not receive anymore updates after they discontinue it (Discontinuing in September)?

Say that the Windows Store gets new apps, will I still be able to download them? Or if there is a phone update, will I still be able to get it?

Thanks in advance.

Apps are not designed as per individual device. Apps are designed to run on specific OS. So any apps the are developed for windows phones can be installed on any device running windows phone. It only means that Nokia/Microsoft will not manufacture any more 1020 devices. It doesn't mean they will render all existing 1020 devices useless.

Event hough 1020s, say, will not take anymore updates after Cyan, app developers will make sure that the apps they are making will be backwards and forward compatible so that they will have wider market (meaning more people who will buy their apps). Think of it as your Windows 7 PC running an XP programs or vice versa.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion