Whatsapp and cyan update 8.1

Pradeep Kalburgi

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Finally two weeks are over and we are yet to receive cyan update....really annoyed with Microsoft over false promises. Can anyone tell me when we will exactly receive the cyan update??

Also there has been no update for whatsapp for a long time... I really wonder why there such a disparity towards WP compared to android and ios as they updates on regular basis...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1) We don't know when Cyan will appear globally - "soon" is all we know. Rollout has started, but slowly.

You're welcome to keep track of the rollout here Windows Phone 8.1 and Lumia Cyan update tracker | Windows Phone Central which is updated as people confirm they have the update.

2) WhatsApp is responsible fro their own app. You need to complain to them directly. They recently had a big issue with Windows Phone 8.1, so I expect they are wanting to make sure they have a truly stable product before starting to add new features to the WP version of their app.

rishabk97

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Finally two weeks are over and we are yet to receive cyan update....really annoyed with Microsoft over false promises. Can anyone tell me when we will exactly receive the cyan update??
Only MS knows that.

Also there has been no update for whatsapp for a long time... I really wonder why there such a disparity towards WP compared to android and ios as they updates on regular basis...
Why do you need an update? Do you have any problems with the app? And, if I'm not wrong, WhatsApp on WP is up to date with features on Android and iOS. BTW, the last update was on June 26th, 2014. I don't think it is a long time.

Pradeep Kalburgi

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Only MS knows that.

Why do you need an update? Do you have any problems with the app? And, if I'm not wrong, WhatsApp on WP is up to date with features on Android and iOS. BTW, the last update was on June 26th, 2014. I don't think it is a long time.

Features of whatapp compared to android and IOS lacks some of the good features...such as unable to send mp3 files....cannot select each pics and videos and forward it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes