Did anyone in Ireland updated to Cyan yet? if yes do you have Cortana?
    07-16-2014 03:17 AM
    I was going to ask the same question... Anybody in Ireland updated their Lumia 625 to Cyan and did you get Cortana?
    07-16-2014 03:35 AM
    Cortana is available in USA in beta at moment. To get Cortana on your windows phone 8.1 device follow the steps mentioned in this article Do you want to enable Cortana outside the US? Here's how you do it | Windows Phone Central
    07-16-2014 03:38 AM
    so this means that even now that the official update is out there is still no Cortana outside US?
    07-16-2014 03:43 AM
    so this means that even now that the official update is out there is still no Cortana outside US?
    if you were using the developer preview , you had the final release. Your phone was lacking a firmware update to further optimize the OS(cyan update).
    07-16-2014 03:47 AM
    this is stupid! Cortana was suppose to be the main feature of WP 8.1 and was suppose to be included in the Cyan update. I understand it wasn't there for the developers preview but now there shouldn't be any excuses for MS not to include it in the Cyan
    07-16-2014 03:54 AM
    this is stupid! Cortana was suppose to be the main feature of WP 8.1 and was suppose to be included in the Cyan update. I understand it wasn't there for the developers preview but now there shouldn't be any excuses for MS not to include it in the Cyan
    It was never advertised to be a part of cyan update. Its still available if you change your region .Its that simple If you have windows phone 8.1 update just read the instructions on how to enable cortana for your device. Microsoft will later try to expand the service to other countries later this year.
    07-16-2014 04:17 AM
    No, this simple procedure doesn't work. At least not in Ireland or UK if you have HTC 8X. UK English is just default language no matter what, and Cortana needs American dialect.
    07-23-2014 07:49 AM
    I have the Nokia Lumia 820 and I got the new Windows 8.1 Nokia Cyan update this evening. There is no Cortana as part of the update. I was very disappointed, I also thought that Cortana was part of the 8.1 update. There is a voice agent now there if you hold down the Search button (bottom right) of the phone, but I would love to get Cortana without having to alter my phones region settings. Hopefully it will be rolled out in the not too distant future.
    08-26-2014 06:13 PM
    Changing your settings doesn't really have a negative effect on your phone. Cortana still works well. I changed mine in Ireland, and I didn't notice any change to my phone.Cortana still works well because it knows your location via gps. An Irish version would be nice though
    08-27-2014 02:15 PM
    Does it not upset things like weather, time etc?...
    10-23-2014 09:47 AM
    Just got it myself by changing the region. It's speech recognition is quite something but beyond the few gimmick questions surrounding it's release, it doesn't seem as intuitive s it was made out to be.
    12-07-2014 08:06 AM
    This definitely seems to have improved in the 6-7 months since originally released. She still has problems now and again with the speed at which we speak in ireland (sometimes to funny effect) but overall very good and showing local information too (restaurants, events, etc.).

Not bad considering she's not available in Ireland yet.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    02-05-2015 10:33 AM