Why do apps & Settings backup always fail?

kurotsuki

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I have a problem on my Lumia 520 running 8.1 Developer Preview. Whenever I try to backup the "apps & settings", it always failed after it reach 99%. No other information available other than "There was a problem backing up your settings. Try again later." like shown in the screenshot. This problem persist for a more than 3 months (right after I update it to 8.1 Dev Preview and moving apps to SD Card). I don't know which one cause the problem.

Is there anyone experienced this problem? Does anyone found the way to fix this? Any references are appreciated.
Thanks.

Lumia520_WP8.1DevPrev_BackupFail.jpg

kurotsuki

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
re: Why do apps & Settings backup always fail?

I once tried to delete the backup on onedrive (using manage backup button in the above screenshot) and the problem still persist. So the only way is hard reset and no restore?

kurotsuki

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

Ok. I don't know how. But it working again. As far as I remember, I delete the backup on cloud (using manage backup option on my L520), restart the phone, and start backup process. Surprisingly, it worked.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Ok. I don't know how. But it working again. As far as I remember, I delete the backup on cloud (using manage backup option on my L520), restart the phone, and start backup process. Surprisingly, it worked.

Same thing fixed my backup issue that apparently popped up a month ago.

Jassch

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

I managed to backup my settings after deleting my old backup, switching off all backups (texting, settings, apps), restarting my phone (Ativ S), switching on backup settings (not apps yet).

If I try the same route after that to also backup my apps, it tells me that there is a problem with the server connection (but only after 96-98% completion).

So, it looks like one of my apps is causing the problem, but which one??

kurotsuki

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok. After retry the backup process (my last backup is last Saturday), now it shows that I have problems again.

Same as you, I suspect the apps portion that cause the backup fail. Either the whole SD card apps or only certain apps. I cannot determine which was the cause.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes