Message about Scheduled task that updates

W

WPCentral Question

Periodically, my Odyssey phone will chirp and a message "Battery The scheduled task that handles updat" will appear at the top of the lock(?) screen. Yes, the message is truncated as shown. Who knows? Maybe my answer would be obvious if I could read the entire "error" message. It disappears after a few seconds. I've tried to expand the message by tapping, tap & hold, dragging to enlarge, etc, but nothing happens before (or after) it disappears. Verizon has been no help at all. Their goal seems to be to push people out the door, unless they seem ripe for spending $$$.

Anyway, this happens pretty often. Today it's been multiple times in the last 3-4 hours. The 1st time, the battery was low, so I charged it. Even when 100% charged I continue to get this message. Settings > Phone Update shows phone was updated [a few seconds, minutes or hours(?)] ago. "Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it" is CHECKED. Which setting could prevent updates from running? Or maybe that's not what the message is about.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Periodically, my Odyssey phone will chirp and a message "Battery The scheduled task that handles updat" will appear at the top of the lock(?) screen. Yes, the message is truncated as shown. Who knows? Maybe my answer would be obvious if I could read the entire "error" message. It disappears after a few seconds. I've tried to expand the message by tapping, tap & hold, dragging to enlarge, etc, but nothing happens before (or after) it disappears. Verizon has been no help at all. Their goal seems to be to push people out the door, unless they seem ripe for spending $$$.

Anyway, this happens pretty often. Today it's been multiple times in the last 3-4 hours. The 1st time, the battery was low, so I charged it. Even when 100% charged I continue to get this message. Settings > Phone Update shows phone was updated [a few seconds, minutes or hours(?)] ago. "Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it" is CHECKED. Which setting could prevent updates from running? Or maybe that's not what the message is about.

I've never seen this before - but if you could take a screenshot of the notification, that would be helpful.

JARHTMD

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
1. I'm not sure if it's called lock screen, start screen or what.

2. I didn't even know it was possible to take a screenshot. I'm sure you can (rightly) gather from that that there's a lot that I don't know about my "smarter than me phone". I searched online (on my computer) for instructions . . . & then had a heck of a time holding the Windows key while simultaneously pressing the Power/Lock key. It kept going to the voice instruction function. Finally, I heard a shutter click & was able to send the capture to onedrive & eventually to my computer.

3. Since the message that my phone presents is sporadic, there's no telling when it might appear again & even if it did, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to capture it before it disappeared.

Therefore, on my computer in Photoshop, I simulated roughly what the "message" screen looks like.

I hope this is helpful.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140717_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140717_0001.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 6

JARHTMD

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I have an app called Battery, but what does the notification mean? The only notifications in Battery; "Alerts when charging is complete" & "Alerts when battery is low" are turned on. I don't see anything about scheduled task or updating, so why/what would Battery be telling me?

Oops! I just checked further . . . I have 2 apps, "My Battery" (pinned to start) & "Battery" which apparently is giving the notification. Obviously, there's no need for 2 apps for the same function, so I'll remove "Battery".

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos