Does charging your phone while its being used hurt its battery?

YeMan

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
So my sister tells me that if you use your phone while its charging, it can hurt the battery. She says phone charger cables are short for that reason (WP Cables are longer than apple :)) I dont think that's true, is it? It better not be because im charging my phone right now XD

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So my sister tells me that if you use your phone while its charging, it can hurt the battery. She says phone charger cables are short for that reason (WP Cables are longer than apple :)) I dont think that's true, is it? It better not be because im charging my phone right now XD

It will not hurt the battery significantly. It probably puts wear on it, but I dont believe it to be significant. Charge when you feel like it. just be sure to cycle it once in a while to maintain accuracy.
Also, that's a interesting explanation, but no, she's wrong.

I don't know but I've heard that overcharging reduces battery life.

Current batteries and even older ones have overcharging protection thankfully.

poojasinha25

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

Hi there!
I have heard of the same thing. It's advisable not to use phone when it's on charge. One thing that you can do is plug in your ear phones if the call is very urgent! :)

ikhwanZulkefli

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
What i learnt about lithium ion is,
1) it'll damage if it's hot.
2) using while charging is not a problem.
3) lithium ion have very low memory. Due to this, plugging in and out frequently is also not a problem.
4) prone to overcharging. HOWEVER, phone nowadays is protected from overcharging, so we're cool 😎
5) make sure not to use the phone till the battery runs flat. Charge earlier.

Pretty much that's what i remembered. If i said things wrong, my bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss