Will the Lumia Icon be getting WP8.1

Emmyrald

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Howdy all;

My question seemed to me to be an easy one, however, I can not find any reasonable answer. First off, I have to admit that I was a former Android user. Now that I have gone to WP, I will never look back, and it is a great relief to have a fast, smooth, reliable smartphone. That being said, I was sold on the Lumia 929 (which I believe is the US version of the Icon, if I am not mistaken), about a month ago. I love the phone and OS, it is just 10 times better than my old Droid. The issue I have, is whether or not this phone will be getting WP8.1, and when? I manually check for updates daily, and nothing is ever available. I have been anxious to get 8.1 a try, from all the reviews I have read and seen. I would be extremely disappointed if I had just purchased a very expensive paperweight. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Emmyrald

Emmyrald

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you StuBeck, that is the most direct answer I have received. Even the people at the Verizon store could not answer me. I assume then, that I was correct, that the 929 is the Icon? It is listed as 929 in my phone info.

Thank you as well Kaushik 😊

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you StuBeck, that is the most direct answer I have received. Even the people at the Verizon store could not answer me. I assume then, that I was correct, that the 929 is the Icon? It is listed as 929 in my phone info.

Correctomundo. I have the same as well but I'm on the dev preview for 8.1, its like a sneak peak of what its gonna be like and lets your have it on your phone fully functional. Since its right around the corner don't do the dev preview since this will be the "actual" update.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emmyrald

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Wow! You guys are just awesome. Makes me even more ashamed that it took me so long to leave the Android world. I never would have received such prompt and helpful responses from the Droid community. Upon reviewing ya'lls information, I realize I did not do my full due diligence in my research. The Lumia Cyan link had all the information I was looking for. Now I am even more anxious. Thank you all, indeed :)

StuBeck

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't really expect those in the Verizon store to know about it. Unfortunately they sell the phones that are out now, and probably won't know about things coming out in the future. Yes, the 929 is the Icon, which is basically the 930.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb