Lumia 1520 ghost touches

stanrogo

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So I have a Lumia 1520. And all the time it seems like I'm playing a game, or typing, or just on the home screen when the screen seems to be trapped tapped at random places also meaning that the 3 hardware keys at the bottom of the phone don't respond either. Only way to fix it is to lock the phone and then unlock it but then the ghost touches could come back at any minute. Heck even typing this in on my phone is proving to be hell!

My question is, is this a hardware issue or something that will be fixed with the Lumia cyan update (and is therefore a known issue). Any help would be appreciated as I just got this phone a couple of days back. So it would probably be easy to fix it under warranty.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
So I have a Lumia 1520. And all the time it seems like I'm playing a game, or typing, or just on the home screen when the screen seems to be trapped tapped at random places also meaning that the 3 hardware keys at the bottom of the phone don't respond either. Only way to fix it is to lock the phone and then unlock it but then the ghost touches could come back at any minute. Heck even typing this in on my phone is proving to be hell!

My question is, is this a hardware issue or something that will be fixed with the Lumia cyan update (and is therefore a known issue). Any help would be appreciated as I just got this phone a couple of days back. So it would probably be easy to fix it under warranty.
I would suggest you to wait for Lumia cyan. This is a known firmware issue with some Lumia 1520s. Try a hard reset too after the Lumia cyan update. If it still does not fix the issue, send it to Nokia care.

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Well I Don't have such problem on My L1520. But I Hope Cyan Will Fix Your Problem. This is The Smartest smartphone anyone can have in this world. I was trapped by Android for several years but now it feels nice to B with Windows Phone. ;)

WP7Nettwerk

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
For was once. I put phone to charge. I started to typing txt message and keyboard typing some letters. I didn't touch it. I removed phone from charge and issue dissapier.
Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

ueranda

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
is there any fix for this issue. My Lumia 1520 had this issue few months before and it fixed itself. Now it has the issue again since last week. now actually I can't even use the phone due to this. I managed to check this with multi touch function of hardware test app. it shows phone has one or two moving touches on button side of the phone. I have updated my phone to windows 10.0.10586.545 update.

bjo12

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
is there any fix for this issue. My Lumia 1520 had this issue few months before and it fixed itself. Now it has the issue again since last week. now actually I can't even use the phone due to this. I managed to check this with multi touch function of hardware test app. it shows phone has one or two moving touches on button side of the phone. I have updated my phone to windows 10.0.10586.545 update.

I bought a 1520 second hand few weeks ago that had this problem of ghost touch. It was running 8.1. I updated it to 10 but still the problem is present. Now what I did is I debranded the phone using a EU rom then updated via update advisor and updated again via insider program to 10.0.14965.1001. Now it has been 3 days and I haven't encountered the problem of ghost touch. Im not sure if the process fixed it but you can try and see if it will work for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720