Access Kids Corner without password???

Paul Joyce

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Is this a daft question or a failing of WP8.1?

I want to protect my apps and settings from my 3 year old so have enabled a password but activated kids corner so that she can just swipe and access all my (her!?!) games...but a password needs to be entered rendering Kids Corner utterly useless!

Can it be done or have Microsoft dropped the ball on something so simple.

Cheers

Paul

kNevik

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I've turned on kids corner and a password, and I can get into kids corner without a password by doing the following

starting from the lockscreen:
* swipe to the left (to bring up kids corner lockscreen from the right)
* swipe up to unlock
* see all homescreen for kids cords

I didn't need a password and I made sure it was required by the main account by swiping up on the standard lockscreen.

Paul Joyce

May 9, 2013
Visit site
It cant get It to work as it should.

It appears that if you have a password set up, that if you enable require a password "each time" then you have to enter the password to access kids corner 1st...meaning that I have to physically do it!

Alternatively, if you have a password set to every a time period such as 15 mins... you still have to submit the password 1st to access it. If you are within the 15 minute window and the child picks up the phone...they can access your entire phone, or you have to give it to them once you have entered kids corner. Regardless of which, its absolutely pointless.

I have a Lumia 930 on WP8.1, so not sure if this was the same as in WP8. The idea of Kids Corner is superb...wife had phone reset to factory settings on old Lumia 800 due to child key presses, but it appears to me that a programmer without kids has actually designed it.

dagrepont

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Just a random theory but do you have an Exchange account setup on your phone? I do and I have noticed the same thing you have. I'm just too lazy to delete the account to see if that's what is causing it because yes it is kinda stupid that you have to still unlock the phone to get into kid's corner. I have noticed though that even if you have the 15 minute delay it still makes you put in the password if you are coming from kid's corner. So I just unlock it for them and just give it to them plus that way I know they have my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett