Is possible to unlock my phone from my carrier?

WP_290

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I am a noob in WP so I really don't know all those tools for developers or techs savy, so for lumia phones is possible to unlock my phone and use it with a different carrier? and this might help to get the Cyan update faster?

My phone is a 820

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unlocking to use on another carrier (technology allowing) is possible. Policies vary from country to country, carrier to carrier.

Unlocking won't affect update speeds since the phone's firmware points to one source and I isn't changeable. You will have to flash a different ROM like one without carrier branding and stuff for a likely faster Cyan and future updates. It could possibly negatively affect a feature or two, but not likely.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I am a noob in WP so I really don't know all those tools for developers or techs savy, so for lumia phones is possible to unlock my phone and use it with a different carrier? and this might help to get the Cyan update faster?

My phone is a 820

The only way to remove carrier ties like that is to reflash the ROM to its Country Variant version which has no carrier links, which I personally wouldn't recommend going for if you're not too tech savvy.

Unlocking for use on a different network won't get you the update any quicker as the servers ask what your phone's ROM is and its product code. The current SIM makes no difference.

WP_290

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everybody, I was looking for this specially to use my phone with another carrier. I bought my phone without contract and in theory my carrier should give me a code to unlock it..the problem is that I don't have my purchase proof because I got my phone more than a year ago...and it seems their policy only allow then to unlock phones with a ticket/invoice and some I.D.

I want to try my phone in another network because lately I am having signal issued, I also loose data transfer for brief moments, so I was wondering if is a network problem or my phone.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everybody, I was looking for this specially to use my phone with another carrier. I bought my phone without contract and in theory my carrier should give me a code to unlock it..the problem is that I don't have my purchase proof because I got my phone more than a year ago...and it seems their policy only allow then to unlock phones with a ticket/invoice and some I.D.

I want to try my phone in another network because lately I am having signal issued, I also loose data transfer for brief moments, so I was wondering if is a network problem or my phone.

you are probably out of luck with their unlocking policies.
you could potentially try a third party unlocking service but price may vary.

I would think its the phone having the radio issues, but it could be a variety of external or internal factors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes