NL925 Battery Drain Issue

KrisKenesei

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

This would be a fairly straightforward question regarding my fairly new Nokia Lumia 925 phone. It's Hungarian T-Mobile locked, and about two weeks old. It doesn't last a day, not a single one, which is intolerable and compared to my previous one (NL920) which lasted an average of 1.5-2 days, it is surprising as well. Data is off. GPS is disabled in most apps. NFC, BT, etc. turned off, battery saver turned on when battery is low. WiFi turned on for a few hours per day. My guess would be that it's either Messenger or Skype that induces the drainages. I don' watch videos, don't stream music, don't browse the web for more than a few minutes, and occasionally make Skype calls. I tend to exchange messages with my gf via Messenger. I hope this isn't too much information.
Thank you very much in advance,
-K

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Consider uninstalling all third-party apps that you have installed. If this solves the problem, one of them at least must be the cause. Re-install the apps one by one over a period of time, until you find the app(s) responsible for the excessive battery use.
Of course, apps may not be the cause, but at least you can try this first.

Also, do you mean that you bought the phone new two weeks ago, or that you bought it secondhand two weeks ago?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

KrisKenesei

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much for your reply, but my problem is not yet solved. :/

As of now, there is a monitoring feature in Battery Sense in WP8.1, and it tells me that the culprit is definately Messenger, even Skype, which I thought to be much more processor-intensive judging by the heat it generates when in use, uses up a LOT less then Messenger. However, I wouldn't be particularly happy to get rid of Messenger, it being the only usable Facebook chat client I have found so far. Any suggestions?
I will try to use the phone now without Messenger for one or two days just to see if there really is a major difference.

The phone is new. I mean it was, when I bought it two weeks ago... ;)

Thank you in advance
-K

simplyboci

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi there! Sort of the same thing I happen to notice with my TMHU locked 925 - When I finished the upgrade starting from a fresh install of 8.0 (because of some hickups after upgrading from the Developer Preview), the phone said 1 days 17 hours. After two days, it now says 16 hours. My phone is 2 months old, I wouldn't blame it on the battery, so I guess the same - that some application is eating the battery secretly, without me knowing :) But it might be a general issue with Lumia Cyan on the 925. Let's hope it will be fixed.

KrisKenesei

May 29, 2014
Visit site
@simplyboci

Thank you so much for your comment,

I'm not so sure about what I have said before, as I have used my phone today without Messenger and it didn't seem to have helped much. My battery life was somewhat more satisfying but not quite there yet. 😒
The 1-2 hour (so not all that significant) positive difference could be however caused by the lack of Skype use. So no... Not at all solved yet. I reckon no other apps could be held responsible as Messenger had been the top power consumer and I deleted it.
By the way I was on Dev. Prev. as well and not much changed after the Nokia firmware installation. Mine wouldn't last half a day during the few first days and now it displays a maximum of 11-13 hours after a full nights charge, which is a real shame.
Thinking of returning the phone to the carrier. Do you know what their policy looks like for this? I'm not really into these matters.

Thank you so much for your time,
-K

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss