Nokia Lumia 925 Email Synching Takes Forever

W

WPCentral Question

Sometimes my Nokia Lumia 925 from TMobile, when checking for new emails, starts "synching" endlessly. It will just sit there and scroll across the screen displaying "synching" and not pull in new emails even though there are new emails.

This happens sporadically. Not all the time.

ALso, sometimes it will not download a full email. It will display (click to download full message 72kb) and I will click, and it tries to download a 72k text email for 30 minutes and finally I give up and click the thing to stop it from attempting to download

What could this issue be?

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
could be various things, what email account are you using? is it a gmail account, if so make sure that you have it set up so it only downloads emails from the last 7 days, otherwise it takes ages to sync.

gokite

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
It's a pop account. I have two Gmail accounts on the phone as well. Again, it is intermittent. Occurs with small emails or big emails. The emails downloaded are current - up to date - so it is not downloading a ton of emails. I get about 100 a day. 90% are less than 300-400kb. 8% are up to a meg. 2% of them larger. So it's not like the phone is getting inundated with downloads. Earlier, what prompted me to post this, was at lunch my co worker and I both got the same email, but I had to read it on his phone because mine would not download. During lunch I had one email to download. This problem email (which eventually - 45 mins later - download) is four lines of text. That's it.

It happens a few times a day like this. everyday. and it is a bit annoying.

Phone storage shows email and messaging use only 195MB. On the whole phone, 4.98GB used and 9.69GB free, so there is plenty of storage left.

I have full signal. At least I think I do, per the phone displaying the bars...

gokite

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I looked for settings that control something regarding email size, or anything like that, and I can't find anything. The settings in WP are quite limited. Basically once it is set up and works, it seems that is about all you get to control. And it does work, just not all the time. Only 90% of the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven