Ideas and Suggestions for Microsoft; What do you think?

Thomas Molina

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft has great earns of respect, and popularity. However, I think there's not enough popularity in the Windows Phone category. Obviously, that's the case, but what I mean is that there isn't enough light on Windows Phone. What lead me to this discovery, is the unawareness of Windows Phone by great amounts of people. The majority of people around me have an iPhone, or android phone. Many people do not seem to know what a Windows Phone is. I think the reason for that, is the lack of advertisement. When iPhone came out, there was ads everywhere featuring this trend starting product. Teenagers and kids nowadays want an iPhone because it's "cool", and all of their friends have one. If their parents can afford it, they buy the iPhone. Simultaneously, the android phone is bought because of their lower prices. I think the way to fix this unawareness, is to advertise Windows Phone like crazy! Advertising on the lower cost models is beneficial as well. Any ideas?

Last edited:

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I believe that Windows phones still make up a small part of the market overall, but I am in the UK and I judge that you are in the US....from what I've read, the Windows system is much more successful in certain other parts of the world than in either of those two.
To buy a device because it is perceived to be cool, or because it's what everyone else is doing, is of course foolish, as I think you are aware. I can tell you that you eventually acquire the maturity to judge the value and desirability of things for yourself and then you may make very different choices.
One area in which Windows phones excel is photography, because to a very large extent Windows phones are Nokias and Nokia knows how to do photography. If you were to pull out a Lumia 1020 with its 41mp camera, I think that the term used by a young person to describe it would be Awesome. Cool?...I don't know.
May I ask, what is your own device?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Thomas Molina

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I believe that Windows phones still make up a small part of the market overall, but I am in the UK and I judge that you are in the US....from what I've read, the Windows system is much more successful in certain other parts of the world than in either of those two.
To buy a device because it is perceived to be cool, or because it's what everyone else is doing, is of course foolish, as I think you are aware. I can tell you that you eventually acquire the maturity to judge the value and desirability of things for yourself and then you may make very different choices.
One area in which Windows phones excel is photography, because to a very large extent Windows phones are Nokias and Nokia knows how to do photography. If you were to pull out a Lumia 1020 with its 41mp camera, I think that the term used by a young person to describe it would be Awesome. Cool?...I don't know.
May I ask, what is your own device?

yeah, on point. As far as the cameras, I agree. These are the best phone cameras in my opinion. I own 1020 myself.

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
With your 1020 you are unassailable. There is no iPhone or Android on the planet that can beat that for photography. A few of the best Androids come close, but that's all, and even they don't have the manual settings and features available on the 1020.

Microsoft might do well to reconsider their take on Nokia. I believe they intend to subsume the Nokia name, and call future devices Microsoft Mobile or some such. The message that sends to me is, 'We're Microsoft, we're big and important, it's about us, not Nokia, you can forget about them'. That's not a message I like.

I use a 1020 myself, so let's hope that when they cease production...soon, apparently...there'll be a successor with the same camera, a 1080p display, 5" screen etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12