When is Opera Mini coming to Windows Phone 8.1

W

WPCentral Question

When is Opera Mini coming to Windows Phone 8.1?

Last edited by a moderator:

Amol Shelake

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
The thing about opera mini and why it is popular is that you can disable images, go back or forward without reloading every page.

I'm using internet explorer and it won't remember login details, it will always reload a page when I go back and most importantly, it can't disable images.

You have to consider people like us who cannot find wifi and do not have the luxury of purchasing expensive data plans.

What I would look for in a browser is:
Ability to save login details for sites like facebook and gmail
Ability to change font size independent of phone font settings
Disable images for faster and cheaper browsing. Disabling images can save me 80% of my data charges. In Kenya we purchase data bundles of fixed amounts. We don't have unlimited data options and wifi can only be found in a few cafes in major towns. Obviously not at home or most places we work and go to
Multiple tabs
Go back without reloading pages (UC browser can do this)

If IE comes with these features in WP 8.1, then I will have no complaint
Quick reply to this message

Melvinizer

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Welll, Opera has no plans for WP Yet. While in the meantime, Y'all can try Nokia's Xpress. It's similar to Opera mini. (It compress web pages to reduce data cost etc.) but there are few bugs though....

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Opera has no plans as far as I know.

In 8.1 IE syncs passwords, saves them and has some more Data Sense tools? At least an auto option.

However, I would think the closest to be Nokia Xpress. It's a server based web browser, and I think its worth a shot.

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Nokia express is no longer available. It was really buggy and slow last time I installed it. So bad I uninstalled it the same day, and hadn't thought about it again until I read this thread.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Nokia express is no longer available. It was really buggy and slow last time I installed it. So bad I uninstalled it the same day, and hadn't thought about it again until I read this thread.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

I found that when using the mobile Facebook website, it accused me of constantly spam liking posts after one tap, and warned me I was doing so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon