Can Windows phone come with A Series chipset?

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I was using Apple IPhone 5(My sister's) I am quite impressed with it's app load speed and stuff even tho its dual core and 1.3 Ghz it's quite fast and it's battery is small but last longer than my 920's which have 2000MAH battery I heard it's because of A7 chip so can't Windows phone or Microsoft buy A series chipset from Apple and put it in there phones too? It is so better than Snapdragon I guess? Am I right? If yes than can Microsoft buy them?

Willy Soughers

May 27, 2013
Visit site
The reason it *seems* better than snapdragons isn't the fact that its "better". IPhones come out once a year and only one a year. That give apple the opportunity to fine tune and customize the chipset to fully integrate with the os and other hardware. Drivers, UI, etc are customs built for the chipset and guarantees functionality. If you notice, performance on older devices which was great in its prime, tends to dramatically reduce as new os revisions release. This is because the new os versions are built for the newer chipsets of newer iPhones. This is why windows phones tend to show better performance on the same hardware as its android counterparts while not quite as fine tuned as iPhones. The hardware is Microsoft approved and optimized whereas androids, apart from nexus, tend to be unoptimized and the os has trouble keeping in sync with the hardware. To answer your question, no, the A series chips are manufactured by Samsung under patent for Apple, and even if Microsoft was to incorporate them, it would take some serious fine tuning to make it work. But just in terms of raw specs, the snapdragon series, even low end like the 400, is in theory more powerful than the A7 chipset. More Microsoft tuning could prove that.

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
The reason it *seems* better than snapdragons isn't the fact that its "better". IPhones come out once a year and only one a year. That give apple the opportunity to fine tune and customize the chipset to fully integrate with the os and other hardware. Drivers, UI, etc are customs built for the chipset and guarantees functionality. If you notice, performance on older devices which was great in its prime, tends to dramatically reduce as new os revisions release. This is because the new os versions are built for the newer chipsets of newer iPhones. This is why windows phones tend to show better performance on the same hardware as its android counterparts while not quite as fine tuned as iPhones. The hardware is Microsoft approved and optimized whereas androids, apart from nexus, tend to be unoptimized and the os has trouble keeping in sync with the hardware. To answer your question, no, the A series chips are manufactured by Samsung under patent for Apple, and even if Microsoft was to incorporate them, it would take some serious fine tuning to make it work. But just in terms of raw specs, the snapdragon series, even low end like the 400, is in theory more powerful than the A7 chipset. More Microsoft tuning could prove that.
Oh thanks for increasing my knowledge. I am getting 1520 tomorrow so will see if 1520 fast or IPhone 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos