Nokia Lumia 1520 Phablet but not treated as one.

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 1520 coming on Monday but I heard it have no different feature than any other Lumia phone. It is a phablet but treated as a normal phone while if you see Note 3 it have features which make it a phablet.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Having owned every note so far I can say I barely used the spen. I found writing on my iPad a lot more practical. You will love the phone. Took 1 day to get used to it. Now it seems very normal. I carry it everywhere.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
But there should be some features which make that 6" screen different than 4.5" screen am I wrong?

Yes. Watching movies, sharing photos, playing games, reading web content on a massive clear screen is what separates this device vs any smaller screen.

As to games comment above it depends of the developer includes 1080p support.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
WP's phablet game is pretty bad. You don't see any more content on the larger screen, it just gets blown up to fit. I doubt this will change anytime soon either.

You apparenty either never used a 1520 yourself or you're utterly ignorant. Nothing gets blown up (unlike what is was like on the HTC Titan). You actually do see more content everywhere. This requires an app to make use of the 1080p resolution though. If it does not, it gets scaled up. But that's an issue with the app and not the phone or OS.

nexialbinding

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
You apparenty either never used a 1520 yourself or you're utterly ignorant. Nothing gets blown up (unlike what is was like on the HTC Titan). You actually do see more content everywhere. This requires an app to make use of the 1080p resolution though. If it does not, it gets scaled up. But that's an issue with the app and not the phone or OS.

I have not owned a 1520 myself, but pictures like these seem to indicate that few apps take advantage of the larger screen. Can you show an app that makes use of the extra screen?

map.jpg

And then there's this whole thing. 2 extra inches and still displays less information than the iPhone (click to enlarge).

bad.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb