How to split an sms thread

W

WPCentral Question

Hello,
I have just bought a Nokia Lumia 635 and trying to set it up the way I am used.
Previously I had a Nokia E71, not a smart phone, and I am finding some of the items on the 635 a little annoying.
When I type an sms I used to see how many characters I had left before reaching the end of the first sms and starting on the second.
Now I cannot find anything like that on the 635. Is there something that I should do to show how many characters I am using?
However, more important is the fact that whatever sms I exchange with one contact keeps to be just one long sms. One long thread.
Before I could keep the sms that were relevant to me (be it for info or whatever reason) and delete the others. Now I do not seem to be able to split the sms, or see it as separate sms and delete only that part of it.
Is there a way that I can start a new thread with the same contact?
Thanks
Rod

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
As for the character count, i am not sure of a way to have it show, for splitting a SMS thread, it isn't possible if it is the same number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nexialbinding

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
1. When your typed message gets to 130 characters long, it will begin to show many characters you have left.
2. All smartphones piece together SMS conversations into one long thread for readability. You could delete each message one by one from the thread by holding the message until the context menu pops up.

rodrod58

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi nexialbinding
I am the guy who asked the original question (I started a s a guest, now I have signed up to make comments).
Thank you very much for your answer. Both points are correct. You have been a great help.
Passing from a Nokia E71 to a smartphone I think there will be many things that I have to learn.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven