NFC Tap and Pay

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I went to an AT&T store today to look at the 635. I was talking with a rep and happened to talk about NFC and I asked him about Tap and Pay. He said I needed a different SIM card (a grey colored one instead of the normal at&t blue and orange) for my L1520. He swapped my SIM out for one enabling a payment SIM. He proceeded to tell me I needed an app called ISIS. There is no such beast in the Windows App Store. We tried it anyway while buying a cover for my sons 635 that's being delivered to my house tomorrow. It didn't work. When I got home, I decided to chat wth AT&T support. They didn't have an answer except to try the PayPal app. I set it up and went to McDonalds. No dice. Does anyone have a clue? My phone is a 1520 with Nokia Cyan and Windows 8.1. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If you go to Settings / Applications / Wallet, there is an underlined message to learn more about Wallet. In the web page that opens, it states the following:

Credit or debit cards ? Purchase apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, or simply keep track of your card account info. And if your service provider and phone support it, you can even set up credit or debit cards to make NFC purchases in stores. (This requires a special, secure SIM card.)

I assume I have the Special Secure Sim Card now as stated in my first post.

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I was actually researching this topic today. I emailed Isis as to when they will be releasing a windows phone app. The response from Isis was very soon. No other details beyond that Researching the topic Isis put out a press release in mid 2013 stating that they were planning on windows phone release... Fingers Crossed..

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
If you go to Settings / Applications / Wallet, there is an underlined message to learn more about Wallet. In the web page that opens, it states the following:

Credit or debit cards – Purchase apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, or simply keep track of your card account info. And if your service provider and phone support it, you can even set up credit or debit cards to make NFC purchases in stores. (This requires a special, secure SIM card.)

I assume I have the Special Secure Sim Card now as stated in my first post.

Verizon is promoting Isis within there stores and online. They will only give the sim on Isis certified devices.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
ISIS has been saying soon since the ICON came out. Truth be told, it sounds as if they were waiting for 8.1 to be official on more devices first (they agreed months ago via twitter) So hopefully, the faster Cyan rolls out, the faster ISIS will give something.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Seriously, you need a special SIM for NFC payments ?

There needs to be some sort of secure element. In Android / Google Wallet, Google had this built into the device itself. In my opinion, it makes more sense to have it built into your SIM chip though so that you can continue to transfer phones as easily as you already do without NFC payments.

That being said, Isis (now Softcard) has been taking their time on getting wide release, that's for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon