capacitive buttons on lumia 520 don't always work

U

Unregistered

I love my Lumia 520, but it's a frustrating phone to use at the moment. Sometimes when I want to go back to a previous screen, the BACK/HOME/SEARCH buttons go dead, and sometimes it's like the calibration of the screen is out. In using the keyboard for example I will press "A" and the phone will type "U" instead.

I noticed however, that they work perfectly fine when I remove the cover and use the phone. Am I the only one experiencing this, and is there a fix?

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the digitalizer (The part of the screen that register the touch) connector is faulty or is not making a proper contact with the phone board. Have you try using another cover? Maybe your current cover is making too much pressure and the digitalizer don't work properly.

If you have some very basic skills in disassembly stuff, you can clean the digitalizer connector with alcohol and hope that solves the problem. You can find many tutorials about L520 disassembly.

Another possibility is that your L520 digitalizer is just faulty and needs replacement, good news is that part should pretty cheap and there is a lot of tutorials en YouTube about how to replace the L520 digitalizer. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs