Weird problem with WP8.1

rpac78

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1520 running WP8.1/Cyan. Problem started when I switched my phone to airplane mode as I had to leave the country for a couple days and didn't want roaming charges. After a day or so I noticed my phone wasn't saving photos: used FILES to take a look just in case the photos were there but just not being displayed but still no luck. I did the usual soft reset in order to see if that would change things but nothing. Also I noticed the time/date would be off. Things started to work again after I got back into the states and turned off airplane mode. I'm curious to what happened and if it's something I should be worried about occurring again.

Thanks.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Time and date - if the phone's set to automatically update it, and airplane mode is on, this can't happen as it (usually) talks to a cellular base station and asks it for the current time/date, and updates accordingly if it doesn't match.

Don't know about the photo issue, unless it's trying to save them online somewhere first, instead of locally like it should.

rpac78

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks David,

That's what I kind of thought would be the problem with the date/time: it had to refresh the data from somewhere. I'm still curious about the photos. It's working now but I'm worried it'll strike when I need it the most.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99