I have a Lumia 1520 running WP8.1/Cyan. Problem started when I switched my phone to airplane mode as I had to leave the country for a couple days and didn't want roaming charges. After a day or so I noticed my phone wasn't saving photos: used FILES to take a look just in case the photos were there but just not being displayed but still no luck. I did the usual soft reset in order to see if that would change things but nothing. Also I noticed the time/date would be off. Things started to work again after I got back into the states and turned off airplane mode. I'm curious to what happened and if it's something I should be worried about occurring again.

Thanks.
    07-28-2014 10:17 AM
    Time and date - if the phone's set to automatically update it, and airplane mode is on, this can't happen as it (usually) talks to a cellular base station and asks it for the current time/date, and updates accordingly if it doesn't match.

Don't know about the photo issue, unless it's trying to save them online somewhere first, instead of locally like it should.
    07-28-2014 10:23 AM
    Thanks David,

That's what I kind of thought would be the problem with the date/time: it had to refresh the data from somewhere. I'm still curious about the photos. It's working now but I'm worried it'll strike when I need it the most.
    07-28-2014 10:29 AM