Can you sync browser tab, photos, music, app data, passwords, etc with Windows phone 8 and windows 8

W

WPCentral Question

As the title says, can you sync them between windows 8 and windows phone 8? Or Do both devices need to be windows 8.1? I'm wondering if I should install windows 8 Or 8.1 on my macbook air 2013. I tried 8.1 a while ago and battery life was very poor. But I heard windows 8 is better from someone in mac forum. I'm wondering if I install windows 8 on my mac, and buy a windows phone 8 (upgradeable to 8.1) device (I was planning to anyway), will I be able to sync what I said above in the title? Or again, both devices need to be on 8.1? I can't find much info on google. Keeps showing irrelevant info. :(

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
To sync browser stuff, both need to be 8.1. Photos and most other things will sync between any Win 8.x and WP 8.x device.

Having said that, your MacBook battery should be about the same on Windows 8 and 8.1. If you had Google Chrome installed be aware that Chrome on Windows is a serious CPU hog and it has been known to drain batteries quickly even when idle.

I would go with Windows 8.1 on the MacBook regardless of what version of Windows Phone you go with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers