Restore Phone to a New One / Accessing Data From Broken One

nikeee

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

my the screen of my 925 just got broken. The screen is not usable anymore. It is able to connect to the PC via USB and is vibrating when new notifications come in, so it might only the the display that doesn't work anymore. Also, my alarm clock keeps ringing because I can't turn it off.

I'd buy a new one, but I'm in the fear of not getting access to my data (WhatsApp history and stuff) ever again.

Is there a way to backup the phone with the broken screen and restore it to the new one? Or is there basically any way to get my data off the phone? Any OEM-Software that can do something like that?
Also, which data is actually getting backed up by the WP backup functionality? I don't think the app storage is a part of that (meaning the WhatsApp history and MS Authenticator).

I would actually physically open the broken device. AFAIK the entire phone storage is on a SD card inside. But I wouldn't open up my new phone. I don't know whether the data on the internal SD card is encrypted or not, so I don't know whether I can access the data on my PC or not.

Any idea what to do?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes