How to use the 512Mb ram version of a game on a 1Gb ram windowsphone ?

qwerasdfzxvc

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
i don't know if this is appropriate to ask but i need help for my Lumia 525. The device has 1Gb ram and it can run all the apps i need in the store but the problem is that there are some heavy games like asphalt 8 and modern combat 4 which can't run with acceptable frame rates. I tried to solve this myself by dev unlocking my phone and deploying a supposed 512mb version of modern combat 4 and ran the game. It surprised me so much that the game still lags like hell (like the 1gb ram version) even though people say that the game is buttery smooth on the Lumia 520. I don't know if there's a problem with the xap file or my Lumia 525 is just that slow. Is there a trigger for graphics level in these games that auto enables when installed in a 1gb ram device? And how can i solve this? I just want to have a smooth experience with those games, i don't care much about the graphics. Thanks in advance !
Sorry if this is already answered, I can't seem to find this anywhere.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Here are my thoughts.

If you're running WP8.1 DP this could be part of the issues you're having and you'll need to wait until Cyan to get things sorted. Since you should downgrade back to WP8.0 at that time you will hopefully get a better install (which could also be causing issues) and you'll end up with a nice slick running phone.

You could try downgrading to WP8 or if you're on WP8 doing a hard reset. It would seem to me something is wrong if the game isn't running well and if it isn't being optimized for your phone that's a bit strange.

Lastly, the only way I can see you getting a 512MB RAM version of the game on your phone would be by getting someone with a 512MB phone to download the XAP and you then side load it. Whether this works or not I'm not sure. Of course this doesn't guarantee you'll get the 512MB RAM version when there is an update in the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs